Minor Pleasures (6 Viewers)

i watched some of this video last night, and i'd probably have a go at making it except the blade would be very difficult to buy for less than the cost of a halfway decent knife anyway:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

If he was any use at cutting wood at all he wouldn't need a knife with training wheels on it to cut bread.

Do you have to cut up the massive sambos to fit them in your hand / lunchbox though? I just need a bit more detail on logistics here.
I'll wrap them in ClingFilm for lunches so they can be any size
If mahoosive sambo is too loose or unwieldy - I will cut it in half
You might think that's defeating the purpose, but half the joy is in the assembly; having this vast bready canvas to work on

I must read that bit from Hitchhikers (or sequels) again where Arthur Dent gets trapped in medieval Britain for years and sets himself up as a sandwich maker and is as happy and content as he has ever been

i watched some of this video last night, and i'd probably have a go at making it except the blade would be very difficult to buy for less than the cost of a halfway decent knife anyway:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I have bought fancy German and Japanese knives and the best one I've ever had is a 12 euro job from a restaurant supply place

I've kept it sharp and it never lets me down

I'll wrap them in ClingFilm for lunches so they can be any size
If mahoosive sambo is too loose or unwieldy - I will cut it in half
You might think that's defeating the purpose, but half the joy is in the assembly; having this vast bready canvas to work on

I must read that bit from Hitchhikers (or sequels) again where Arthur Dent gets trapped in medieval Britain for years and sets himself up as a sandwich maker and is as happy and content as he has ever been

I've mostly learned form this that we have mildy different lives (probably) that require very different lunch parameters.

I've mostly learned form this that we have mildy different lives (probably) that require very different lunch parameters.
I am not a sandwich-for-lunch guy
I have a salad or more usually a 1/2 litre plastic food storage yoke rammed with leftover rice/veg/protein

Sandwiches are for home and with decent tea, for me
Will regulalry have sandwiches for dinner. Proper treat like.

I have a salad or more usually a 1/2 litre plastic food storage yoke rammed with leftover rice/veg/protein

I prefer sandwiches at home, they are more enjoyable for some reason. I only really use sliced pan for toast for myself so it’s always a decent loaf of bread sliced as I need it. I try to bring leftovers that I can reheat or buy something hot when I’m out, cold lunches depress me.

This makes a lot more sense. I had the preconception that the sandwhich was travelling and needed a rigid vessel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back