Minor complaints thread (25 Viewers)

I lied about my age to AIB so I could open an account at 15 (I think?) and I don't think they corrected it until got a mortgage 20 or so years later. Or was there some KYC thing a few years before that, hmmm

Anyway, minor complaint: i bought myself some chocolate but I can't find it now.

I dunno if this is minor or major or what.

My daughter came in the other day telling me something about "dinosaur fish swimming in the front of the house". I thought she meant sturgeon or something, although I don't think sturgeon are around here? Anyway, I went to have a look and they were these massive trout yokes whose heads were rotting through to the skulls in parts. Like they were absolutely maggoty looking.

So I've been looking out at these ruined fish cruising around rather than paying attention to work. I wonder where they came from? Some class of fish farm?
State of them. Gives you second thought about eating farmed fish anyway.

My daughter came in the other day telling me something about "dinosaur fish swimming in the front of the house". I thought she meant sturgeon or something, although I don't think sturgeon are around here? Anyway, I went to have a look and they were these massive trout yokes whose heads were rotting through to the skulls in parts. Like they were absolutely maggoty looking.

So I've been looking out at these ruined fish cruising around rather than paying attention to work. I wonder where they came from? Some class of fish farm?

Odd day of coincidences.

As you were writing that post, I was just out looking at the water and daydreaming and I thought "what would I do if a dolphin came up here?".

That didn't happen. It could happen. We have seals on occasion.

My daydream led me to conclude that I would call the RSPCA.

You probably should call the ISPCA. I doubt they'll be able to do much, but they can give advice, and what you're describing sounds mental and something is going wrong somewhere.

I got a couple of those chocolate bears for half price just after xmas. They're still here, if that helps.

I could pop round with one for you, but you live in the sticks.

I know its wrong, but I would like to see photos of these poor unfortunate creatures

Yesterday I stepped in dogshit 3 times and a container of oil spilled in my car's boot.
Surely after the second time you must have thought "that dogshit is still there, better not step in it again"?
why were you wandering around in one spot?

I know its wrong, but I would like to see photos of these poor unfortunate creatures
you'd only see them at the surface for a few seconds, then they'd be just under and not really photographable. I didn't think of taking a shot honestly.
They looked like this, but worse. I could see actual bone (skull?) showing in places.

iu

I don't know, but obviously doesn't seem right.

I mean....jesus. I think you need to call someone dude.

I don't know, but obviously doesn't seem right.

I mean....jesus. I think you need to call someone dude.
they already call me "the Yank". If I start calling people Dude it would be over for me.

Ah no. I suppose I'll have a look tomorrow and see. I expected they'd just die fairly quickly. They weren't behaving normally at all, I don't think they'd be much longer for this world.

The fact that an animal can exist in such bad shape, presumably to be eaten, is unpleasant.

they already call me "the Yank". If I start calling people Dude it would be over for me.

Ah no. I suppose I'll have a look tomorrow and see. I expected they'd just die fairly quickly. They weren't behaving normally at all, I don't think they'd be much longer for this world.

The fact that an animal can exist in such bad shape, presumably to be eaten, is unpleasant.
I'm not from Galway, but I grew up Galway adjacent. "Dude" is a common phrase there. Or was anyway. I thought it'd be the same where you are, but apparently not.

you'd only see them at the surface for a few seconds, then they'd be just under and not really photographable. I didn't think of taking a shot honestly.
They looked like this, but worse. I could see actual bone (skull?) showing in places.

iu
Ah geez

Crown fell out, again. Think this means implant or gap.
It depends. If it didn't damage the tooth when falling out, they can normally just stick it back on. This has happened to me 3 or 4 times and it takes them 5 minutes to glue it back on. This should be in the 'getting old' thread :-(

Theres a few different complaints going on here. Fantastic.

My housemate just left, then came back downstairs to ask me if I had been smoking in the wheelhouse. The wheelhouse is essentially a shack. I said "not today". She knew I was not telling the truth.

I do get that she hates tobacco smoking. If anything that is quite sensible, wish I could. Also she uses her lungs for a living. But all she has to do is walk out of the room. There were three other people smoking there as well. Only one of them lives here. The landlord. So why am I getting all the shit? And why did she take the time to leave the gaff, and then come back to ask if I had been smoking? Specifically me. Just fuck off, live your own life.

Theres a few different complaints going on here. Fantastic.

My housemate just left, then came back downstairs to ask me if I had been smoking in the wheelhouse. The wheelhouse is essentially a shack. I said "not today". She knew I was not telling the truth.

I do get that she hates tobacco smoking. If anything that is quite sensible, wish I could. Also she uses her lungs for a living. But all she has to do is walk out of the room. There were three other people smoking there as well. Only one of them lives here. The landlord. So why am I getting all the shit? And why did she take the time to leave the gaff, and then come back to ask if I had been smoking? Specifically me. Just fuck off, live your own life.

I went out for another cigarette. She somehow took the time to leave the front door open.

Not only that, she unspliced a rope (I don't even know where that came from) and made sure that the door was tied open. You can't unsplice a rope for the sake of pettiness, it's wrong. And for that reason, espexially fuck off. Mispelling intentional.

edit: there was a granny knot involved.

We got to the airport to head home and figured we’d get coffee and food once we got past security. Pretty quickly we got to an area without having bags checked. I accidentally made eye contact with someone working there and had to make small talk, just so she knew I wasn’t a terrorist and instead I’m just a little awkward.
She gave me directions to the gate and said I’d to go there for food and duty free.
She lied. Lies upon lies, upon lies.
Past security now and trapped in a holding section with no food and a closed duty free shop. Flight isn’t for a very long time and I’m having sugar withdrawals .

Users who are viewing this thread

• Anthony
  • JohnnyRaz
Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back