What movie did you watch last night? (19 Viewers)

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Galaxina.

silly space stuff. I liked it but wouldn't expect anyone else to. The real life story of the star lady would break your heart.

Banshees of Inisherin.

I don't want to talk things up, because it almost ruins films for me if people say they are good and I go watching them expecting it to be good. I like to arrive in neutral or even skeptical and get pleasantly surprised.

But, I thought this was a wonderful film. I'm not sure how the critics and people who know feel about it, but I really liked it. Also I suspect a lot of it was filmed in Achill? I could have sworn I saw Purteen Harbour and Keem, even though it's meant to be Inisherin.

Banshees of Inisherin.

I don't want to talk things up, because it almost ruins films for me if people say they are good and I go watching them expecting it to be good. I like to arrive in neutral or even skeptical and get pleasantly surprised.

But, I thought this was a wonderful film. I'm not sure how the critics and people who know feel about it, but I really liked it. Also I suspect a lot of it was filmed in Achill? I could have sworn I saw Purteen Harbour and Keem, even though it's meant to be Inisherin.

Achill and Inisheerin. Keem was shut when I went cycling the greenway for it.

Banshees of Inisherin.

I liked this a lot too but if I knew beforehand what it was about I'd probably have hated the idea of it so much that I'd not have bothered.

There was a bit of uproar on Twitter when some American, who I think was joking, said they thought it was set in modern day rural Ireland and people in rural Ireland speak and dress like that and get around on donkeys. But people got very annoyed about this.

One of the things I liked was it slightly seemed to play games with who or what it was about.
I was thinking this is a film centering around the two male friends, that's how everything is framed initially.

Then at a point I began to think that the sister was really the hero of the story, she was really the main character. And at the end I felt that the film was maybe centered around the young lad, Barry Keoghan's part.

Then I was kind of thinking that each of them represent different meanings of life, that the film was a meaning of life film and these were various archetypal suggestions or something. And can you change the meaning of your life. Brendan Gleason's character deciding he needed a new meaning of life half way through, living withe masks covering his house.

There was a bit of uproar on Twitter when some American, who I think was joking, said they thought it was set in modern day rural Ireland and people in rural Ireland speak and dress like that and get around on donkeys. But people got very annoyed about this.
some Americans get very annoyed when they come here on vacation and it's not twee / ye auld / Joyceian.

Just fell upon the last ten minutes of this emerald gem, which had somehow escaped my notice until now. It was quite a shock. Is that James Franco? It isn't.
This is the kind of trailer where you then don't need to watch the movie, so you're welcome.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Cheap thrills. Darkly comic thriller. Two long out of touch friends, are dared to do increasingly dangerous and illegal stunts for money, from a wealthy couple they encounter at a bar.

Users who are viewing this thread

• rettucs
Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back