Notes on the coming AI-pocalypse (1 Viewer)

Happy to have every opinion columnist automated. Also the comments should be automated, also only other robots should read the columns.

I was saying to someone earlier, if this thing has learned how to do it by reading the internet then the fact that it reads like some primacy of logic Peterson disciple drives home the point that there are too many men writing about their opinions on things in the newspaper.

I was saying to someone earlier, if this thing has learned how to do it by reading the internet then the fact that it reads like some primacy of logic Peterson disciple drives home the point that there are too many men writing about their opinions on things in the newspaper.
Yeah but I don't think having a robot write like a woman is the answer either.

This thing is just a parlour trick, I can see uses for it but wow, you got rid of some more jobs for humans, what an achievement. It reminds me of where the goal of Uber is to replace public transport and also to replace drivers with automated cars... I mean, you eventually have to have someone left with any money who can pay their uber fare.

Yeah but I don't think having a robot write like a woman is the answer either.

I know, it was more a thought on the way it reflects what is already out there and was used as the basis for generating the copy.

At the same time there's a lot of talk in tech about the way that technology reflects the experience of your typical engineers (things like visual scanning has a harder time recognising black skin because engineers are more likely to be white and they test the tech on themselves and often don't consider that they should test for darker tones, or on an OT level things are designed with men, who tend to be taller and able bodied in mind) and it could just be that the AI was programmed by men.

Oh yeah for sure, there was even a bit of a hubbub (quite rightly) a few years back about air conditioning.

a good indicator of all this is apparently wikipedia where the highest quality pages tend to reflect the interests of white men. You can either address this by hiring a load of women and people of colour to write articles or you can look at why it is that white men tend to have the most spare time to be working on their favourite wikipedia pages. I suppose the answer is to do both.

Oh yeah for sure, there was even a bit of a hubbub (quite rightly) a few years back about air conditioning.

a good indicator of all this is apparently wikipedia where the highest quality pages tend to reflect the interests of white men. You can either address this by hiring a load of women and people of colour to write articles or you can look at why it is that white men tend to have the most spare time to be working on their favourite wikipedia pages. I suppose the answer is to do both.

There is a similar thing re IMDB, their best movies lists are almost always reflective of the tastes of men, because men are more likely to do nerdy shit like give scores to movies on websites.

I wonder if things like YELP which anecdotally seem to be more likely to have women write reviews on it are more gender balanced.

FYI content on wikipedia is only ever written by volunteers, so you can't pay people to fill in the gaps. The wikimedia foundation funds various diversity initiatives, and is very serious about them, but paying people to write articles is very much against the ethos of the movement

I've seen the "men have more spare time" thing before, but even if this is accurate I don't think 12% more leisure time per week explains the massive difference between, say, the numbers of male and female biographies on wikipedia (especially when women tend to use social media more)

FYI content on wikipedia is only ever written by volunteers, so you can't pay people to fill in the gaps. The wikimedia foundation funds various diversity initiatives, and is very serious about them, but paying people to write articles is very much against the ethos of the movement

I've seen the "men have more spare time" thing before, but even if this is accurate I don't think 12% more leisure time per week explains the massive difference between, say, the numbers of male and female biographies on wikipedia (especially when women tend to use social media more)
I still haven't forgiven Jimmy Wales for saying Jeremy Corbyn attacking private schools is literally the holocaust.

But yeah, it's obviously more complex, including what people are socialized to do with their spare time for example.

i asked the latest version of openai's GPT3 thingy some questions about a work thing today and got better, more useful answers than i've ever been able to find online or from multiple people working for the company behind the thing. it's sorcery.

OpenAI GPT-3 has been developed with the aim of advancing the state of the art in natural language processing (NLP). The technology has been designed to enable developers to create more powerful and intelligent applications with a minimal amount of training data. The technology has not been designed to be used for any nefarious purposes, such as motasscarenow.

Can you write the lyrics for a christmas song that might be written by Slayer?

Sure, here are some possible lyrics for a Slayer-style Christmas song:
Verse 1: Blood on the snow, Christmas Eve Silent night, but not for me Bodies hanging from the trees Slayer's coming, hear our screams
Chorus: Merry Christmas, happy slay Bringing death and misery No peace on earth, no joy to give Slayer's here, we'll take you down
Verse 2: Jingle bells, jingle bells Metal blades, our weapons of hell No silent night, no holy birth Just death and destruction on this earth
Chorus: Merry Christmas, happy slay Bringing death and misery No peace on earth, no joy to give Slayer's here, we'll take you down
Bridge: Santa's gone, his sleigh is crashed Killed by us, his blood is splashed No more gifts, no more cheer Just death and darkness, Christmas fear
Outro: Slayer's here, we're in control Merry Christmas, happy slay No more peace, no more love Just death and destruction, from above.

that's very good

Thank you, I'm glad you liked it. I tried to capture the dark and aggressive style of Slayer in the lyrics, while also incorporating some Christmas themes and imagery. Is there anything else I can help you with?

if there was a music video for that song, what would it feature?

If there was a music video for this song, it might feature footage of the band performing the song in a snowy winter setting, perhaps in a desolate forest or abandoned town. The video might also include scenes of violence and destruction, as the lyrics describe, with the band members wielding weapons and causing chaos. Additionally, the video might include imagery of Santa Claus and other holiday-related items, such as Christmas trees and presents, being destroyed or defiled. Overall, the video would likely be dark and intense, reflecting the mood of the song.

can you write a message board post about why slayer doing christmas songs would be a good idea?

Sure, here's a possible message board post about why Slayer doing Christmas songs would be a good idea:
Hey everyone,
I know some people might think that a band like Slayer doing Christmas songs is a bit odd, but I actually think it could be a really cool idea. Here's why:
  1. It would be a unique take on Christmas music. Most Christmas songs are all about peace, joy, and love, but Slayer's music is known for being dark, aggressive, and intense. So imagine how awesome it would be to hear them put their own spin on Christmas classics, or even write their own holiday-themed songs.
  2. It would be a great way for the band to experiment and try something new. Slayer is known for their thrash metal style, but they've also dabbled in other genres, such as punk and death metal. Doing Christmas songs would be a chance for them to explore a different musical style and challenge themselves creatively.
  3. It would be a fun and unexpected surprise for fans. I'm sure most of us never expected to hear Slayer do a Christmas song, but wouldn't it be cool if they did? It would definitely be a memorable moment and something that fans would talk about for a long time.
Overall, I think it would be awesome if Slayer did some Christmas songs. It would be a unique and interesting twist on the holiday season, and a great way for the band to experiment and try something new. What do you guys think?
  • [Your Name]

The fact there is slayer Christmas jumper is bad enough. Please do not wish Christmas slayer music on anyone
I was torn between getting that one and the Lord of the Rings one I eventually got. The thing about the Slayer one is you can wear it all year. Which is true of the LotR one too.

Well you can wear it untill it's time to wear your valentines jumper, which should see you through to the st. patricks day jumper.

Live laugh love and all that

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back