The 'Bands I don't Get' thread (2 Viewers)

This was my guess.

Or that you either skimmed it, or passively heard snatches of it.

This was exactly my feeling and experience of the second New Country Black Road album.

Heard some snatches of it drunk through one of those wretched smart alec speaker jobs, then later lasted a couple of minutes into a full album yt attempt... haven't gone back since.

Can I say I gave it a fair chance by the parameters of outright fairness? No, but then I am not the patron saint of such things.

He liked the first album. He considered himself a fan of it. He had a right to think he might enjoy the second album. He heard a few snatches of it, and it didn't grab him. Thusly, he decided not to bother with the second album.

Fin.

Which gives me another thread idea: Bands with one fantastic album and all their other stuff is mediocre. 'Madonna' by Trail of Dead, takes the Unwound thing, makes its own thing. Banger after banger...sequence and mix of the album borders on transcendence. Nothing else they've done interests me. Just makes me think, how??

He liked the first album. He considered himself a fan of it. He had a right to think he might enjoy the second album. He heard a few snatches of it, and it didn't grab him. Thusly, he decided not to bother with the second album.

Fin.

Which gives me another thread idea: Bands with one fantastic album and all their other stuff is mediocre. 'Madonna' by Trail of Dead, takes the Unwound thing, makes its own thing. Banger after banger...sequence and mix of the album borders on transcendence. Nothing else they've done interests me. Just makes me think, how??
Stop ruining my wind-up @Nate Champion

I kinda think a lot of bands spend time messing with a few elements that come natural to them, and maybe once in the lifespan of the band get all these to come together in right order - that might be for one song, or one album, or one EP or whatever - more likely songs now that albums are kinda defunct. Pulp are an example of this, there are like 4 albums that are nearly the breakthrough one - the breakthrough one is everything they had before in the right place/order. obvs there are standouts that manage this a few times while they are together. lots of things like producers and all that play into it of course.

One of the lads from The Chisel also does Helm. Might be more up your street.

He was also in a great hardcore band called The Lowest Form who have two albums I really like.

Black Country, New Road. Just the most up it's own arse thing I've heard in years, and it's a pity because I think their offshoot band, Jockstrap, are feckin' amazing. Was hoping they'd be great.

Black Country, New Road. Just the most up it's own arse thing I've heard in years, and it's a pity because I think their offshoot band, Jockstrap, are feckin' amazing. Was hoping they'd be great.

I really like their record from this year.

Apparently they're a much different band between that ne and the previous, the old singer found that being a musician wasn't good for him and he's a barista now apparently.

It took me a while to get them actually, especially Stevie Nicks songs. Now I'm not sure why I ever felt that way.

Tusk contender for best album of all time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back