Minor complaints thread (7 Viewers)

Today's minor complaint from me is I got flicked in the eye by a tree branch yesterday while mowing the grass, and now I have double vision in my right eye

Had something like this once before and it resolved itself, I suppose I better phone the optician just in case
It's November.

nearly fell for a phishing scam. Got an e-mail from Royal Mail saying there were outstanding charges on an package (and I am expecting a package).

These fucking scams are getting more and more elaborate. I ended up confirming it was a scam by looking at the raw message. Yahoo called it out as an unrecognised IP address for that sender (it was a royalmail.com e-mail address), but still didn't route it to spam. Pricks.

I checked the royal mail website for known scams and there is a shit tonne of them, including the one I got.

*I didn't really nearly fall for it. At no point was I tempted to click a link, but it took longer than usual to confirm it was a scam.

Minor complaint.
After listening to the session, thinking the recording at the weekend with The Middle Ages didn't go as well as I'd hoped.
I'm sure that when I get stuck into the mix it will start making sense. I may just be "mixing live drums" that is giving me second thoughts.
Also I had the good/dumb idea of recording this tune in Eflat. I don't think we managed to tune correctly with each other. Good idea because it sounds good and suited the singing but bad because of, well I already said.

IMO that's always the most important thing. Failing to tune with each other correctly is your own dopiness and can be remedied next time - something out of your singing range can't be

If there is a next time when anything can be remedied then neither things matter.

What I meant was if E flat is the right key for his voice then it's the right choice for the song. Singing well outside your range is a lot harder than tuning a guitar

I got ya but I don't think that's the issue here.

With a day gone by these things don't seem to matter as much as they did immediately after.
I think it's only one of the guitar tracks that is out slightly, and we did loads, so a bit of creative mixing will fix that.

With a day gone by these things don't seem to matter as much as they did immediately after.
I think it's only one of the guitar tracks that is out slightly, and we did loads, so a bit of creative mixing will fix that.

That's good to hear. Maybe make it a feature like how a touch of chorus would sound.

Picked up a squier mini strat today, Christmas present for my nephews. Got it home and there's a high pitched rattle coming probably from under the scratch plate, most obvious playing an open e string, and also the bridge pickup is occasionally scratchy sounding. So will have to bring it back.

i just range musicmaker to ask was there anything i could check on the guitar, or bring it straight in. the chap (ben, i think?) said bring it in during the week, and their guitar tech could take a look. and i suspect the name he mentioned means that chap is a thumpeder.

i just range musicmaker to ask was there anything i could check on the guitar, or bring it straight in. the chap (ben, i think?) said bring it in during the week, and their guitar tech could take a look. and i suspect the name he mentioned means that chap is a thumpeder.

I don't think their tech is on here, he does have same first name as me though unless they've changed recently. Keith from MM used to post here as Mel Gibson but don't think anyone else does.

1. A small intricately cut piece of timber I had ready for gluing today has disappeared in the chaos of my shed.
2. Trip down to my dad was marred by a good old family row (ie root cause being people acting like they always act). Good clean fun

Users who are viewing this thread

• egg_
Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back