Minor complaints thread (9 Viewers)

i'm trying to find some reasonably priced Zigbee plugs with energy monitoring. Lidl to them about once a year...
Oh yeah? That's what we made. Only our yokes had switching capabilities too. Like you could turn the plug off via Zigbee, which is annoying because you've got a high tension relay on the same board as finicky Zigbee stuff.
I ended up thinking Zigbee was shite, but you're using it with no issues? It might not have been Zigbee that was shit, it might have been Freescale, the lads who did the chips. Hm.

That's amazing that Lidl flog them. Man. We were building for the US market anyway I suppose. Mad.

Oh yeah? That's what we made. Only our yokes had switching capabilities too. Like you could turn the plug off via Zigbee, which is annoying because you've got a high tension relay on the same board as finicky Zigbee stuff.
I ended up thinking Zigbee was shite, but you're using it with no issues? It might not have been Zigbee that was shit, it might have been Freescale, the lads who did the chips. Hm.

That's amazing that Lidl flog them. Man. We were building for the US market anyway I suppose. Mad.
I used to have problems with my Zigbee stuff losing connection but as soon as I added a few things that could work as Zigbee routers the mesh network effects kicked in and it’s been grand.

In fairness the kettle is only a little bit smart (can heat to desired temp which is great), it just has this dumb system that requires two presses of the button.
I never considered a need to heat water to a desired temperature with a kettle. Don't want it boilied, turn it off midway or add cold water. But maybe there are other reasons you'd want that feature, I don't know.

Anyway, this is where we're headed with all this.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

i used to boil water and then add a splash of cold water before making coffee, and then i watched a video by that coffee geek saying using boiling water on coffee is not an issue.
A friend of mine used to do this because he read there was risk your teeth would crack

I never considered a need to heat water to a desired temperature with a kettle. Don't want it boilied, turn it off midway or add cold water. But maybe there are other reasons you'd want that feature, I don't know.
Once you have it you'll never want to go back.

I like a cup of 80 degrees water. Set it and walk away.

Users who are viewing this thread

• S
Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back