You know you're getting old.... (1 Viewer)

My sister sent me a message last night saying that someone I went to school with asked her if I'd like to be added to a WhatsApp group for a 6th class reunion. Is everyone just losing their mind as they turn 40?

I've been making an effort to shave every day since I turned 50, cos my beard is pretty much totally white now and a stubble just makes me look haggard. Why do I care? I want my wife to fancy me
Since the beginning of July, I have gotten only cold showers to get rid of my psoriasis. It takes a bit longer but it works pretty well for getting rid of scaly crap.
Thankfully the weather is still mild.
I think think it's worth the effort for the benefit of not leaving a trail of scaly crap everywhere I go.
That goes beyond beauty stuff. The biggest bonus is my bed isn't covered in white flakes now.

My previous two posts were opinions and of course anyone can disagree.
As a general rule the more effort people put into their clothes or hair etc the worse they look. There are lots of exceptions but the fashion following crew are easily led.

6th class in primary school!!!???
I have not met ANYONE I was at primary school with since 1990.
(apart from my siblings) I moved house when I was 11 and twice when I was 13 (5 schools in 27 months).
I would be well up for meeting anyone from those days. they were all lovely kids.

the big problem was the two teachers that I keep going on about (suffered three years of each at a small school).

Rare chipper visit last night. Four bags of chips, we couldn't finish them. Also, people waiting for their chips watching stupid internet videos on their (massive) phones....

My sister sent me a message last night saying that someone I went to school with asked her if I'd like to be added to a WhatsApp group for a 6th class reunion. Is everyone just losing their mind as they turn 40?

In my case I'd nearly rather see what my 6th class than 6th year or college folk were up to. solid country folk with one or two exceptions I'd imagine.

although in all cases I get an itchy feeling in my chest just thinking about such carry on.

In my case I'd nearly rather see what my 6th class than 6th year or college folk were up to. solid country folk with one or two exceptions I'd imagine.
same here.
that I was forced to leave places several times is a big factor.
I haven't gone back to the place I went to primary school in from 1980-87 since 1991.
my mother is from 20 miles away so when we get there we never go any further.

It's just occurred to me, all this talk of shaving body hair and who's for it and who's agin it.

And no one said "Pubic Enemy" in any context.

I had to shave my nose with a bic razor today. I'm not all that gone on this hairy body positivity

I had to shave my nose with a bic razor today. I'm not all that gone on this hairy body positivity
since the age of 38 I have hair coming out my earholes which I admit trim off once a week. I am hairy so I knew the ear fuzz was probably coming sooner or later.
I also have loads of hair on the back of neck which I usually cut off with my haircut.
and plenty of hair on my back, huge joined eyebrows etc too that is OK.

some folks like me, are excessively hairy and have deep voices and all that stuff.
but adults have a degree of hair on their legs, pubes, armpits etc and mass denial of this seem to be hysterical.
fire back at will...

Hair song
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back