What gig did you go to last night? (3 Viewers)

I have a friend who has a couple of spares for tonight, if you wanted to get in touch. I can DM you their twitter handle. Or at least she had them going last night.
Actually fuck it, sure dm me the Twitter handle and I’ll give it a go. One of my brother’s just texted to say he was heading so I’ll pop along and try and catch up with him

Actually fuck it, sure dm me the Twitter handle and I’ll give it a go. One of my brother’s just texted to say he was heading so I’ll pop along and try and catch up with him

I just checked in with her and I'm afraid they're gone now.

Sorry dude. There's always the ticketfairy hashtag

Just back from Godflesh and Sugar horse. Not good. Sound was awful. Also hadn't been to a big/ busy gig in long time. Did not like it.

Pavement were great as usual last night. We were up the front near Bob. I had to leave because the heat was insane. Bouncers said all the doors were open and extractor fans were in full blast because it was so warm. And everyone was wearing coats in to the bargain.

Pavement were great as usual last night. We were up the front near Bob. I had to leave because the heat was insane. Bouncers said all the doors were open and extractor fans were in full blast because it was so warm. And everyone was wearing coats in to the bargain.
Something like 17 degrees in Ireland yesterday. In mid-November, and I think I read snow is forecast for next week. We're doomed....

Had such a good time at this. First time seeing them and loved it. A few people were saying it was a lot more jammy than the first night and the first night was more like a giant sing song.
The Hexx and Gold Soundz sounded amazing

you jest — but marshall allen has been a member of the band since the mid-1960s and he’s 98 years old. he wasn’t at this gig though because he doesn’t get on planes anymore
fair enough!
I was aware they continued performing after he died in 1993.

GONG are still going. Daevid Allen said well in advance of his death that he wanted GONG to continue.
the aliens are coming in 2032, you know.
Maybe they can collect Sun Ra from Saturn on the way.

I went to a comedy show in Vicar St on saturday night. English lad called Ed Gamble. I know him from his Off Menu podcast, which is a good laugh.

It was good fun but was not what I expected. I've only seen pictures of him before and he looks like a wholesome pretty boy. Turns out he's a metaller with arms and legs covered in tatoos.

I also thought the place would be half empty, cos how well known could he be if I only barely knew of him. The place was wedged.

I had tickets for Pavement - but gave them to one of my students who made good use of them. I had seen them at Primavera in June, and loved the show, so didn't want to tamper with the memory - I am not sure if anyone else does that? But also, I couldn't muster up the enthusiasm for Vicar Street, I normally love that venue (although the seats around the sides downstairs are just plain weird), but just didn't feel compelled...HOWEVER I did make good use of that conserved energy for Kendrick Lamar last night...I think maybe my fourth time seeing him.. I know the Point is a bit of a disaster, but the show was wonderful.

Users who are viewing this thread

• chris d
Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back