Fairweather Sports Tourist Thread (2 Viewers)

Was this under 10s or something?
Under 15. there were three soft goals at the end but they opposition had collasped by that stage. they had a very good lad up front who produced some great scores in the first half but the ball rarely came near him in the second half.
now the final is coming up this weekend. I find this hard to believe but I have been told you have to BUY TICKETS ONLINE (for under 15s?!) despite it been played in an isolated village!
hopefully that is bullshit.

I find this hard to believe but I have been told you have to BUY TICKETS ONLINE (for under 15s?!) despite it been played in an isolated village!
hopefully that is bullshit.

Yeah UTM is having the same bother - it's so stupid because the bulk of people who really want to support these games are not digital natives.

Ireland beat England in the T-20 cricket world cup in Australia this morning.
The end of England's run chase was rained off and they lost because they were 5 runs behind on the Duckworth/ Lewis.
Great stuff.
In all honesty I've hardly watched cricket since my generation retired. Hardly ever saw likes of Alastair Cook (now retired) play.

I just watch the psg and man city highlights for soccer these days.

There's a bit in this at 5.55 where neymar picks up the ball at almost halfway and i think i takes out 7 players of the opposition nearly finishing in an unbelievable pass.

As usual Messi's goal was unreal, as were both his and Neymar's assist passes.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Amazing pass from Neymar alright.
I am actually not watching a massive amount of soccer at the moment.
2 or 3 max. matches a week. sometimes skip MOTD and haven't followed European leagues properly for nearly 20 years.

Troyes is better known to me for being the locality of the Simon cycling brothers.

Pascal Simon (b. 1956) won a stage in the 1982 Tour and was 7th overall in 1984. In 1983 as team leader of Roche's Peugeot team, he deposed Kelly to take the yellow jersey in the Pyrenees on a stage won by his team mate Robert Millar. Pascal held a 4 minute plus lead and looked set to win the Tour (Hinault DNS w/ knee problems) but the next day Pascal hit a pothole, fell and broke his shoulder.
He lasted 6 more days before having to stop on the first Alpine stage.

Regis Simon (b.1958) had a relatively short career but won a stage of the Tour in 1985 riding for Roche's La Radoute team.

Jerome Simon (b. 1960) was yet another former team mate of Roche. He won a Tour stage in 1988 and helped LeMond win the 1990 Tour.

litte bro' Francois Simon (b. 1968) was a Giro stage winner and French road champ. Unlike his brothers he never won a Tour stage but was second three times.
In 2001 his career seemed to be fading out but at the 2001 Tour he got in a break that gained over 30 minutes* (!!!) and wore the yellow jersey for a few days. Francois eventually finished 6th overall.
The following year went poorly for him and he retired at the end of 2002.

between them the Simon boys rode 32 Tours.
after doing some fact checking... I had everything right.

* amazingly another break took 30 plus minutes at the 2006 Tour and one of the riders in it (Oscar Pereiro) won the Tour after Floyd Landis was disqualified.

I just watch the psg and man city highlights for soccer these days.

There's a bit in this at 5.55 where neymar picks up the ball at almost halfway and i think i takes out 7 players of the opposition nearly finishing in an unbelievable pass.

As usual Messi's goal was unreal, as were both his and Neymar's assist passes.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

You just watch the two great satans

it appears there will be massively less fans than normal going to Qatar for the World Cup this month.
there will hopefully be ample opportunities for media disses towards the place.
it's smaller than Galway and Mayo (I checked).

I was was hoping after the final in Moscow in 2018 that one of the players would take the piss out of Putin (''you're really small aren't you?'' or ''Kyiv is much nicer than here'' or ''I'm gay for ya Vlad'' or pull their hand away when he went to shake hands and say ''GOT YA!'') but considering what's happened since it was probably not a good idea.

the defunct Tour of Qatar was the worst bike race and the ugliest country that I've ever seen.
Tom Boonen won about 25 stages of it. the place seemed to be dead flat, very windy and had very few old buildings. yuck.

litte bro' Francois Simon (b. 1968) was a Giro stage winner and French road champ. Unlike his brothers he never won a Tour stage but was second three times.
In 2001 his career seemed to be fading out but at the 2001 Tour he got in a break that gained over 30 minutes* (!!!) and wore the yellow jersey for a few days. Francois eventually finished 6th overall.
The following year went poorly for him and he retired at the end of 2002.

between them the Simon boys rode 32 Tours.
after doing some fact checking... I had everything right.

* amazingly another break took 30 plus minutes at the 2006 Tour and one of the riders in it (Oscar Pereiro) won the Tour after Floyd Landis was disqualified.

what I remember most about Francois is when he was in yellow and stopped for a piss. Some lads tried to take advantage of it and attacked up the road. It was none other than the great Lance Armstrong who rode up to them and instructed them to fall back, as you don't attack yellow when he's pissing.

what I remember most about Francois is when he was in yellow and stopped for a piss. Some lads tried to take advantage of it and attacked up the road. It was none other than the great Lance Armstrong who rode up to them and instructed them to fall back, as you don't attack yellow when he's pissing.
I don't remember that. the bully was protecting his own privileges
Francois used to have a go in sprints. the odd time and got fairly close to winning in them inc. at least one of his three second places in Tour stages. he won in a small group sprint in Paris-Nice in 2000.
The Simon bros finished 30 of the 32 Tours they started.

Look at all the knowledge ye's are bringing to the fairweather thread.

Latest fairweathering has kinda gone into a pattern of watching psg highlights, man city highlights and due to relatives being interested man utd high/low lights.

The premier league actually looks sorta like a competition now.

My moral compass between qatar being a kip and wanting to see how messi's last stand goes isn't doing great morally.

Look at all the knowledge ye's are bringing to the fairweather thread.

Latest fairweathering has kinda gone into a pattern of watching psg highlights, man city highlights and due to relatives being interested man utd high/low lights.

The premier league actually looks sorta like a competition now.

My moral compass between qatar being a kip and wanting to see how messi's last stand goes isn't doing great morally.
I am going to watch the World Cup. my policy is to admit hypocrisy.
I'm hoping the tournament is crap.
Russia 2018 was a great tournament that people got much more excited about as it progressed and that's what the Vlad regime wanted.

there is some funny footage of some 'rent a fan' migrants workers posing as fans of Brazil and other nations
in Qatar fan zones for propaganda purposes.

I am big into cycling and soccer but my knowledge of other sports is about the 'fairweather' mark.

Sad to see Micheal Murphy retire from the Donegal county team. Definitely one of the top 2-3 players of his generation. A great time for Donegal GAA.

Sad to see Micheal Murphy retire from the Donegal county team. Definitely one of the top 2-3 players of his generation. A great time for Donegal GAA.

Saw a clip on twitter earlier, I don't know the lad as I'm not into gaelic football at all, of him dummying a shot and soloing the ball over the defender's head before scoring a ridiculous point with the outside of the boot.

Tremendous skill.

Was he one of Pat Spillane's "puke footballers?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back