What Twitter pile on are you watching right now (8 Viewers)

I have a friend "in the community" who once derisively referred to pride, or modern versions of it, as "a holiday for straight women."

Lena Dunham seems to think that it is as well.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I don't understand either your friend's comment or Lena Dunham's tweet. Any chance you can explain to me (and anyone else here who's similarly mystified)?

He was basically saying that in his opinion pride had (this was about 8 years ago) become a thing for young straight women to go to and have a great time at and they had little or no interest in the whole society should stop being shit to gay people aspect of it beyond "well I like my friends, they're such fun"

Lena Dunham's tweet was implying that she see's herself as a gay icon and as such she was centreing herself in pride, her death would be a tragedy for gay people (cis gay men anyway) on a scale of Liz Windsor's for the brits and it should take over the whole thing.

He was basically saying that in his opinion pride had (this was about 8 years ago) become a thing for young straight women to go to and have a great time at and they had little or no interest in the whole society should stop being shit to gay people aspect of it beyond "well I like my friends, they're such fun"

Lena Dunham's tweet was implying that she see's herself as a gay icon and as such she was centreing herself in pride, her death would be a tragedy for gay people (cis gay men anyway) on a scale of Liz Windsor's for the brits and it should take over the whole thing.

she's such a fucking privileged mnoron

The yanks re getting it in the neck here.

Thanks to this I spent some time revisiting the whole, Americans vs. Travellers thing from last year on the subject of "Irish travellers can't experience racism because they're white." and that was a massive waste of my time.

Americans vs. Travellers thing from last year on the subject of "Irish travellers can't experience racism because they're white."
Really? OMFG

My ma never tires of reminding me of what a know-all I was when I was 17, so I guess maybe I would been the exact same in my youth, and oughtn't throw stones in this particular glass house. But still ... FFS

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back