BREXIT (5 Viewers)

i've seen some stories (without a lot of evidence to back them up) that there's already rumblings about her competence from within the tory backbenches.

I wonder when the British press is going to screw the tories and start backing Mr Sensible Middle Manager Keir... prob never

aye probably never.

theyre owned by oligarchs that also own the tories.

as long as the media is pushing an agenda in favour of the tories, therell never be change.
even if keir stamer won an election (ha, imagine), theyd find a way to overturn it or have him arrested or something
its turning in to the USA bit by bit.

Russian Oil money controls alot of shit

Are they allowed just admit the charade though? Like, sorry the City of London Corporation calls the shots, we're just a smokescreen of pseudo democracy.

Kinda being genuine here, if this government gets the boot at the say of faceless bankers and they don't even pretend there's another reason, well that'd be interesting.

Are they allowed just admit the charade though? Like, sorry the City of London Corporation calls the shots, we're just a smokescreen of pseudo democracy.

Kinda being genuine here, if this government gets the boot at the say of faceless bankers and they don't even pretend there's another reason, well that'd be interesting.
I mean, I would've thought the bankers didn't want Brexit but they forced it through and increased their majority so... dunno

I mean, I would've thought the bankers didn't want Brexit but they forced it through and increased their majority so... dunno
Good point, good point. I suppose I'm thinking how the markets would have tanked under Corbyn as well, but he wouldn't have also have just put through that massive tax cut for the wealthy on top of that.

The bankers wouldn't have been mad about the idea of increased tax scrutiny over their affairs. That's their Brexit benefit.

Their product is moving money, doesn't matter to them if it's British or Russian, and they don't want their product interfered with. The overall health of the UK economy isn't their concern as they are wealthy enough to be above the day to day worries of even the most comfortable people.

aye probably never.

theyre owned by oligarchs that also own the tories.

as long as the media is pushing an agenda in favour of the tories, therell never be change.
even if keir stamer won an election (ha, imagine), theyd find a way to overturn it or have him arrested or something
its turning in to the USA bit by bit.

Russian Oil money controls alot of shit

and if labour gets in in the next cycle, they'll have to clear up the shambles that the tories have left. guaranteeing that the tories will be back in the following election.

and if labour gets in in the next cycle, they'll have to clear up the shambles that the tories have left. guaranteeing that the tories will be back in the following election.
This is how these things work isn't it though? Tories/Republicans get into power, introduce incredibly extreme measures that are widely unpopular and shift wealth from the poor to the rich, Labour/Democrats get into power, roll back 50% of the measures and find a way of making the other 50% work in the interests of reaching across the aisle. Rinse and repeat for 40+ years.

Would doing one big interview with a BBC national person have gone better than this morning's series of interviews with a number of regional BBC people?

Access being so important in broadcast media tossing a few crumbs to the regionals who never get access, meaning they're less concerned about burning their access might not be a recipe for an easy ride.

Al Jazeera are running a series of documentaries on the Labour party at the moment
spying on their own members, purging the left wing, adopting an anti Palestinian definition of anti-semitism were criticising Israel wasn't allowed, Jewish members were investigated for anti-semitism. Corbyn caved in and was actively involved in this. but even this wasn't enough for Starmer.
lots of leaked documents and former insiders interviewed:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

haven't watched this one:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Would doing one big interview with a BBC national person have gone better than this morning's series of interviews with a number of regional BBC people?

Access being so important in broadcast media tossing a few crumbs to the regionals who never get access, meaning they're less concerned about burning their access might not be a recipe for an easy ride.
Yes. Do you think the party is setting her up?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back