Dear Bono (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter GO
  • Start date
  • Replies 105
  • Views 5K
  • Watchers 4
I understand that there are outstanding charges of poxdom that have yet to be answered by the man
But this is written like a pro

Maybe he had a ghost writer or something, but he knows what to leave in, what to take out
How to frame the story, all of it

Decent job

Maybe this belongs in unpopular opinions

Anyways, onwards......

i used to be a big U2 fan but it started to wane after pop.
the man needs something awful to happen to him*. they just produce complacent rich man worries sort of music now.

*i'm not really wishing ill on him; a few friends have had interactions with him and said he's a genuinely nice guy

the man needs something awful to happen to him*. they just produce complacent rich man worries sort of music now.

*i'm not really wishing ill on him; a few friends have had interactions with him and said he's a genuinely nice guy

Many moons ago I went old with a girl who worked in the clarence. They had their christmas party in Jan, and I was there as a plus one.
Bono gave a speech and posed for photos with the staff, the edge was there hanging round looking like an embarrassed plumber. It retrospect it was nice, if a bit cringey

i've heard great things about the edge too; e.g. from a librarian who was telling us that dalkey is considered the gulag of the dublin public library system. a literal 'I PAY YOUR WAGES' vibe if you so much as breathe anything about unpaid fines to the patrons. but they loved it when the edge came in, the sort of lad who'd remember to ask how your mum's knee was a month after you'd mentioned it, and stay chatting for half an hour.

same. Pop was the last attempt at reinventing themselves before they just decided to start churning out beige

i've heard great things about the edge too; e.g. from a librarian who was telling us that dalkey is considered the gulag of the dublin public library system. a literal 'I PAY YOUR WAGES' vibe if you so much as breathe anything about unpaid fines to the patrons. but they loved it when the edge came in, the sort of lad who'd remember to ask how your mum's knee was a month after you'd mentioned it, and stay chatting for half an hour.

I would have thought the denizens of Dalkey would be above patronising a public library

I have a lot of time for the Edge after doing a load of work in his gaff about 20 years ago. Extremely polite man.

I absolutely loathe the fucking farrago that occurs any time these cunts turn up anywhere. "Ooh Bono's coming, make sure everything that nobody gives a flying fuck about looks nice, and make sure all those people that are actually just working and don't give a fucking shit about Boner stand over in that corner for 15 minutes". That's really what it's like.

I absolutely loathe the fucking farrago that occurs any time these cunts turn up anywhere. "Ooh Bono's coming, make sure everything that nobody gives a flying fuck about looks nice, and make sure all those people that are actually just working and don't give a fucking shit about Boner stand over in that corner for 15 minutes". That's really what it's like.

It probably goes over the heads of his managment that he writes boring unrelatable songs now because he is just never in contact with people being normal any more.

It probably goes over the heads of his managment that he writes boring unrelatable songs now because he is just never in contact with people being normal any more.
As brendan O'Connor is fond of saying about the ex queen of the English - "she thought the world smelled of fresh paint"

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back