Minor complaints thread (19 Viewers)

Where in Ireland? Can you pop in?
This lad is in Kerry.
It's not worth me driving down there, I'm not into driving much unless it's really needed.

It's more the fact that shitty sellers here seem to just be able to tell you to fuck off, and that's more or less it.

It's unfortunate, assuming this lad isn't going to refund me I'm finished trying to buy from small Irish sellers.

purchase <dot> ie
and
mattress <dot> ie <-- this guy is a total scumbag, worse than the purchase guy from Kerry.

Now I have to get an electrician to install new sockets in a better location then get Vodafone to send someone out to reinstall it. So fed up I haven't even bothered logging on to the new service to see if it's any use.
Top tip I got from Emmaline out of Engine Alley who is now an amazing dog trainer. Anything you don't want the dog to chew, like a cable or a chair leg etc., rub some vics vaporub on it. They hate it, seemingly.

This lad is in Kerry.
It's not worth me driving down there, I'm not into driving much unless it's really needed.

It's more the fact that shitty sellers here seem to just be able to tell you to fuck off, and that's more or less it.

It's unfortunate, assuming this lad isn't going to refund me I'm finished trying to buy from small Irish sellers.

purchase <dot> ie
and
mattress <dot> ie <-- this guy is a total scumbag, worse than the purchase guy from Kerry.
Go to Joe Duffy

This lad is in Kerry.

purchase <dot> ie
and

How did you pay, PayPal or directly with a card??

Go to Joe Duffy
Like, in the US this never happened. If people started taking the piss I'd dispute the charge, the money would be reefed back, and that would be the end of it.

This is the third time it's happened here. I haven't gone to the bank yet on this occasion, because I basically know the form from Irish banks now: not our problem, fuck off.

But, I don't get it. There's all this shite talked about consumer protections, with no actual method of enforcement. Unless I take them to the small claims or some bollocks?

But yeah, not going to buy any more shit off these small vendors since it seems to be a bit scammy over here.

I’m surprised your card provider isn’t covering it. And honestly, I try to only use PayPal to avoid any hassle like this. They nearly always side with the buyer.

(And currently going through the small claims court process, it’s really slow.)

I just muted my own uncle on FB. The guy just really really, fucking really hates Eamon Ryan.

I'm not around so I dunno. But it seems unfair. I'm not going to argue with FB uncle, I'm just gonna ignore him. Dude has a PhD and kids,he should know better. Can't be dealing with it.

I just muted my own uncle on FB. The guy just really really, fucking really hates Eamon Ryan.

I'm not around so I dunno. But it seems unfair. I'm not going to argue with FB uncle, I'm just gonna ignore him. Dude has a PhD and kids,he should know better. Can't be dealing with it.

i can relate to your uncle

I don't know much about the Greens these days.

But there's an almost Brexity level of hatred towards them amongst my kin. Real hatred. I don't understand it.

He represents and has been painted as teh figurehead of all nonsense change for change sake and out-of-touch urban fuckwit that thinks he knows better than ordinary folk
He's not often his best spokesman but the media amplify the dunderhead message - like if the Greens issue a policy paper on water conservation, someone will pick through it til they find something they can warp into a story along the lines of "Eamon Ryan wants us washing our ballsacks in cold and dirty rainwater"

I'm sure the shit he gets on Facebook is worse to the nth degree - and your uncle (who's probably a decent sort otherwise) is lost in a spiral of hate on the guy

I suspect you knew all this and I'm wasting my time.

I saw a campaign / thread on facebook last year that was the usual 'attack on rural ireland/green party are bad' style mini essay and about 40 seconds on google led me to seeing that the policy that they were outraged about was actually a fianna fail project, but the couple of thousand people who'd liked and shared were happy enough to believe it was just another slap from Eamon ryan.

Then when you look at GP / ER tweets you see a lot of number/flag/anon accounts making swipes at whatever the post is. These things combined gives me a mild suspicion that in great FF tradition they are spending their time in govt astroturfing that the real demon here is eamon ryan by using the technique of just endlessly repeating the same thing until people believe it through twitter anon accounts and so forth. Like i'm a person who'll back check pretty much anything and i'm in the absolute minority - a lot of people will scroll for the answer they want to here and take that as truth.

I've yet to see anyone make an argument about this term of GP that dismantles just how much legislation they've got over the line, the arguments slide into the personal and that satisfies something in people but it's not brass tacks or whatever.

On a very basic level the Greens are on a Fianna Fáil and Fine Gael leash and they will never get off that leash to the point where enough will be done that actually needs to be done, and I'm sure they know this, and at the same time they can take the blame for everything difficult that FFG were going to do anyway because the EU told them.

No one around here that I've spoken to hates the Greens but they don't have much faith in them either; they see all green things as gimmickry and tinkering around the edges, and maybe a way for a small minority of lads who know the right people to get some grants to keep costs down, which I guess I agree with. In a depressing way though.

they see all green things as gimmickry and tinkering around the edges, and maybe a way for a small minority of lads who know the right people to get some grants to keep costs down, which I guess I agree with. In a depressing way though.

It was that until the climate bill / circular economy bill for sure. now that there is legislation in place everything has to go through that filter. hyped for FFG claiming this around election time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back