Film chat (2 Viewers)

I'm watching the The Great Train Robbery.

I have lived here a while, but I think I need subtitles, geezers.

Somehow the guys I'm watching it with, a Swedish dude and the African dude (sorry buh, I dunno, West Africa I guess) guys I'm watching it with are intrigued.

I did see this movie years ago as a child. My parents insisted, because we only had RTE at the time.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Kind of mad to look at all that in retrospect

Especially how you'd be more inclined to view things through the reporter's POV as the years go on. Back in teh 80s it was all "Sid was a mad bollocks" and all that with my mates. Now he just looks like a lost little boy. Twenty-one like.

A decent brief and Sid would've got off, I reckon

Has there ever been a StarCom movie? There should be.

I'm saying this because im currently watching the G.I. Joe movie that has The Rock in it. It's good fun somehow.

Actually fuckit, I'm going to bed

Keeping it reel: are old films ever safe in the age of digital?

I was kind of thinking to myself about this last night. I downloaded a load of films that were .avi files. TV won't play them from the NAS. So I was thinking about how software files are basically no different to physical formats. Eventually stuff will stop playing them.

My ultimate conclusion was, just learn to let stuff go guys.

Keeping it reel: are old films ever safe in the age of digital?

I was kind of thinking to myself about this last night. I downloaded a load of films that were .avi files. TV won't play them from the NAS. So I was thinking about how software files are basically no different to physical formats. Eventually stuff will stop playing them.

My ultimate conclusion was, just learn to let stuff go guys.
something like plex should be able to transcode them to whatever your tv supports

something like plex should be able to transcode them to whatever your tv supports
I did download plex, but it was late and I'd had a guinness. I got a bit scared that someone could hack me so I deleted it after zero research.

It was 32 Disney films. Only grabbed them for posterity really. Just downloaded plex onto the server, currently scanning the NAS libraries and everything is popping up. Guess there is a plex app for the TV?

First thing I notice, Plex isn't as neat looking as my foldering.

Critics are having a field day with this

Kind of conflicted about it all

I can't stand cool kids sneering

He's not doing anything that any other actor that dreamed of playing James Bond has done

Dude worked his toes off for that money and he used it on a passion project. Good luck to him.

Plus, I have watched so much revenge fighty-shooty films and series, I feel defensive about the genre :)

Also, I know everyone hates Irish-Americans, but I have known too many good ones to join in on that level also

Anyways. Onwards....

It was 32 Disney films. Only grabbed them for posterity really. Just downloaded plex onto the server, currently scanning the NAS libraries and everything is popping up. Guess there is a plex app for the TV?

First thing I notice, Plex isn't as neat looking as my foldering.
Chris

Give me 5 minutes and I'll write you a quick thing on Plex

First up, Plex is great. And very easy to use and intuitive, with an arguably better interface than Netflix or others

But it matters how you put stuff onto your NAS and how it is sorted and named

On your NAS (I use a Synology) there is a Library folder in your Plex folder
Everything will go in there in either your TV Shows or Movies folder
It matters which, so the software can sort it

1662135975110.png

As long as you have the naming convention done like this, Plex should recognise the film
All you need for Movies is the title interspersed with dots and the year.
Most of teh rippers will have done this for you.
Plex will do the rest.
In my experience it will recognise about 98% of stuff.

1662136143960.png

Some of those old movie packs may not be adequately named, but you can change them in the file folder on your NAS or go in through Plex and manually change them.

I may or may not have adequately helped you here. Just the benefit of my epxerience

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back