Your work situation (2 Viewers)

Very multicultural here - People from Meath, Kildare, even Mayo, and nobody gives them any abuse for being simple folk of the land.

You need us you jackeens. I bet you don't even know the PH level of the soil in your garden.

One of my favourite bits in the Dirty Dust
/Graveyard Clay is the character who chimes in about every 25 pages to praise Hitler. It's kind of comforting to know that the Irish were coming out with the same bullshit as now even at the time.

Ever since I moved to Dublin I've been getting racism from Irish people, putting on shit Belfast accents to try and make fun of me. I generally ignore it, but it is essentially racist, as much as putting on an African accent to some African lad would be.

Ever since I moved to Dublin I've been getting racism from Irish people, putting on shit Belfast accents to try and make fun of me. I generally ignore it, but it is essentially racist, as much as putting on an African accent to some African lad would be.

I've had a bit of that myself too. Or smart arse comments about being a terrorist etc ( although the right stare quickly can end that one)

Not for a while now though.

Don't think I have had any of that. Must be a pure hard lad.

Work related, I've a Webex seminar at 12pm. First WFH day in 2 weeks.

I had this and I'm not even from Northern Ireland™

I went for a job interview in Cork and the English bosses jokingly asked if I had a bomb in my portfolio case.
I found the farther south you go the more ignorant/indifferent people are to the upper half of the island.

Got a temporary job until November in the County Music exchange Partnership filling in on admin. money's not great but its 5 mins from the gaff and in the local cultural centre so its kind of cool. and also not stressful.

also being called back in to the alarm company (who's paltry offer i turned down a few weeks ago.) tomorrow to 'dicuss my offer'.
presume itll be a waste of my afternoon because im going to be asking for exactly what i want and presuming im not going to get it.
im quite happy to take a paycut and sit behind a desk for a bit, and not to be climbing ladders in the rain, getting manky pulling cable and being on call aswell.

Got a temporary job until November in the County Music exchange Partnership filling in on admin. money's not great but its 5 mins from the gaff and in the local cultural centre so its kind of cool. and also not stressful.
I dream of the day where I'm financially grand in terms of my monthly expenses and I can just fucking jack my job and get one doing something that would be fun, like cutting the grass in the park in the summer, working in a record shop, or driving one of those trucks with the stairs around the airport.

I dream of the day where I'm financially grand in terms of my monthly expenses and I can just fucking jack my job and get one doing something that would be fun, like cutting the grass in the park in the summer, working in a record shop, or driving one of those trucks with the stairs around the airport.
Yeah, that's the dream alright

I think I am a few years away yet, but it's within sight, kinda

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back