Home improvement (2 Viewers)

is that the original coating or later torch on?
I've used the below on concrete coves at the edges of roofs

not a permanent permanent solution, and as foul a smelling thing as I've ever applied to anything else.
the original coating; problem now is that as that's started to tear that much at that spot, i think it will tear off completely.

just had a roofer round to give me a quote to have the roof re-asphalted; €5.5k. it's gas how pushy many trademen are; he was really pushing for me to decide on the spot. i ususally use the first person quoting to educate me on what to ask the next one along anyway, but i didn't get a lot to work with from this guy.

worth noting - i think the quote i got last year to re-felt it was about €2k. so i was expecting at least double that, what with it being a different material, and everything having skyrocketed in price anyway.

worth noting - i think the quote i got last year to re-felt it was about €2k. so i was expecting at least double that, what with it being a different material, and everything having skyrocketed in price anyway.
and many of them being a bunch of shady cunts who will capitalise on price hikes to ensure a bump for themselves too.

just had a roofer round to give me a quote to have the roof re-asphalted; €5.5k. it's gas how pushy many trademen are; he was really pushing for me to decide on the spot. i ususally use the first person quoting to educate me on what to ask the next one along anyway, but i didn't get a lot to work with from this guy.

its a sellers market at the moment!

and many of them being a bunch of shady cunts who will capitalise on price hikes to ensure a bump for themselves too.
I had to get a flat roof refelted last year, got about 6 people in for quotes and the gougery was shocking, massive differences in the quotes with no difference in the spec, with added pressure to get loads of unnecessary work done.
It's at all levels too, we've been saving, for feckin' years now, to do up our house and the quotes this year have just entered the stratosphere, mind boggling money. But what's even crazier is all the work that's being done around us, so people are paying it. Financial adviser friend reckons people are just borrowing like mad at the moment.

I had to get a flat roof refelted last year, got about 6 people in for quotes and the gougery was shocking, massive differences in the quotes with no difference in the spec, with added pressure to get loads of unnecessary work done.
It's at all levels too, we've been saving, for feckin' years now, to do up our house and the quotes this year have just entered the stratosphere, mind boggling money. But what's even crazier is all the work that's being done around us, so people are paying it. Financial adviser friend reckons people are just borrowing like mad at the moment.

yeah - in the 8 years I've been in our estate I've never seen as much work as in the last 16months. its really ramped up over the summer too.
how much do you this is driven by 1) money saved over lockdown finally can fix that roof vs. 2) those cunts across the road have just gotten solar panels, I'll need to do one better.

yeah - in the 8 years I've been in our estate I've never seen as much work as in the last 16months. its really ramped up over the summer too.
how much do you this is driven by 1) money saved over lockdown finally can fix that roof vs. 2) those cunts across the road have just gotten solar panels, I'll need to do one better.
I be that solar panel cunt

We had the septic tank desludged last year, and the people who did it dislodged part of the structure. I rang them and rang them and they never came out to sort it out, so I rang the guy who had originally installed it. He took one look and said "Who put this in?" and I said "you did" and immediately regretted it, woulda been hilarious to let him bitch about what a bad job it was first

Then the prick spent ages trying to convince me that the tank itself was collapsing - "see that steel frame there? it's bent downwards, means you'll need a whole new tank". Doesn't look bent to me, says I, ah no it is says he, so I got out the measuring tape and measured the distance between the lid and the frame the whole way along while he was watching. Nope, not bent. Shameless cunt. Ended up costing me 700 quid to replace the dislodged bit anyway

in the last few days it's started making more noise than usual; i talked to a couple of lads and one said it's almost certainly the bearings, but that it won't crap out instantly, you can get up to a year sometimes before they fail completely.

i've tried bleeding it, didn't seem to be any air in the system, and i'll try cleaning the filter next, for pig iron.

one guy quoted supply and fit of a new pump for €180, or supply and fit of a new shower for €380.
he also seems to sell refurbed pumps for €50, not sure if i'd have the chops (or my wife would let me) to repair an electric shower with a new pump.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back