Gardening (1 Viewer)

PXL_20220810_123154994.jpg

it's in very dry shade so it's taking longer for the plants to establish than i'd hoped. also, i need to re-cement two of the 'cap' stones, they came loose when i sat on them.

View attachment 16103

it's in very dry shade so it's taking longer for the plants to establish than i'd hoped. also, i need to re-cement two of the 'cap' stones, they came loose when i sat on them.
Thinking of creating something similar here after how good you've made this thing!

Cement though... might learn how to do corbelling

worth mentioning - we bought one pallet of the stone, and it's sold as i think 4 square metres of walling; but i think that's in the hands of a decent mason, who actually breaks the stone down into smaller pieces as they work, and faces the back with normal blocks; so will actually get more efficient use of the stone than i did.

all in, i think it was €250 for the stone (that included an eye watering €80 delivery fee), €80 for the soil to bank up around the outside, and probably under €40 for sand and cement, and the blocks i laid as a foundation.

My big task if I had any skills, which I do not, would be to construct a tiny bridge over this stream by our house (where the pallets are), into our little orchard area. All overgrown right now but not too hard to cut it back and tame it a little. IMG_20220810_134506.jpg

Got a couple of these last week. Have you tried them?
I use wildflower seed bombs in all my gardening scapes. Love them and deliver impact results for my customers. Highly recommend them. One tip. Water the seed bombs in the well at the start. Mother nature takes care of them after that. Super sustainable products.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back