Northern Ireland (1 Viewer)

That's been well covered in the past too!
detested that song in 1993 when I was 17. it was preceeded at no.1 by And I Will Always Love You and was no.2 for ages before they dethroned Whitney. between the two of 'em they must have been no.1 in the UK for 20 odd weeks!
times does strange things though; in the 2000's I heard No Limits and thought ''this song is crying out for a grindcore version!''. somebody did do that but it was piss weak not really grind at all - a missed opportunity. ''GRINDCORE! GRINDCORE! GRINDCORE!''

yeah, anyway it's a mindlessly brilliant classic covered by many a metal band and all sorts of other versions.
even a Rammstein covers band.

the Paisley idea partly came from somebody sampling George W. Bush and creating a version of him singing
White Lines (Don't Do It).

Everybody say yeah

NOOOOOOOO

Never understood that bit. Techno techno techno techno

Ah, 2unlimited. The music was crap but yer wan was gorgeous.
That was my excuse for watching the videos enannyways.
"techno, techno, techno, techno"
Saw her on a doc on BBC 4 this year about TOTP in 1993. Anita survived cancer twice and always seems like great craic.
Anita wrote the lyrics for No Limits. She said she put her heart into those words but she's so good humoured she's able to laugh about people taking the piss out of it.

I was listening to Nick Cave and Sonic Youth back then so my tastes were fairly under developed.

anyway... NORN! NORN! NORN! NORN! NORN! NORN! NORN IRON.

I was in Belfast on Sunday. It's way more of a kip now than it was in the mid 90s when I was there loads. It's more like a kippier 90s Dublin. Maybe it's great for the arts now.

Jedward have segwayed nicely from pop agitators to sociopolitical agitators. A lot of "slamming" and "calling out" going on. Kudos to their PR team

They're good lads.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back