Minor Pleasures (4 Viewers)

I have no issue with his voice and his taste is right up my street

Dunno what is wrong with me
Listening to last night’s show and it’s grand and he says he’s a little hoarse from yelling at the match
And I’m all “Well fuck this rugby cunt for starters”
Then he mentions that it was the hurling and I’m all “Oh, this lad is sound”

Our minds are goddamn prisons.

Yes, although as you said elsewhere it was a hectic weekend.

Immediately regretted getting a pint in that after-party bar.

Got falsely perked up by Mountain Song by Jane's Addiction playing as I was ordering the drink.

We had a few. Ended up leaving about half two or so. Serious selection of bangers in that first dj set. Couple of us ended up with covid too. Thankfully a mild dose.

Am I the only one that finds the John Kelly show a bit "worthy". It's like the fun-free version of John Creedon
Yes
They are ultimately the same guy
One is at the club in his best suit, the other is in his granny's kitchen in his favourite old t-shirt

Lyric's whole deal is being a cut above. Refined. Curated. (apart from Marty - who is his own deal entirely)

There are things about Lyric, that I sometimes have to just swallow that and remember I am there for the music.

Like I am morto for Bernard Clarke and his show's pic, but I like the show
1658531665840.png

Yes
They are ultimately the same guy
One is at the club in his best suit, the other is in his granny's kitchen in his favourite old t-shirt

Lyric's whole deal is being a cut above. Refined. Curated. (apart from Marty - who is his own deal entirely)

There are things about Lyric, that I sometimes have to just swallow that and remember I am there for the music.

Like I am morto for Bernard Clarke and his show's pic, but I like the show
View attachment 16041
this is Bernard who presented the Nova programme on Sunday nights?
I haven't listened to that for about ten years. Is that show gone?

No idea tbh
Never listened to Nova
The Lyric show was good tho
Nova was an experimental music show on Sunday nights. it was the only show on Lyric that I listened to regularly*
Bernard would usually give you some background on the artist and the concepts behind the music - which he was ace at.
complete opposite of people who only come on every half hour and give you minimal info the last six tracks they played. I can't stand that.

*must give Lyric more of a listen. I've hardly listened to any radio in the last decade.
EDIT: fixed multiple typos.

Finally got the electric smart meter switched on and night times rates. We're obsessing over the little insights you get on the electric Ireland site. Making note of when the cooker goes on and seeing how much it cost etc. Cheapest day so far was last Friday at €1.77.

Not sure if anyone likes chess, but the brutality of this mate made me giggle.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back