What television series are you currently making your way through? (7 Viewers)

We found ourselves watching My Bad Fat Diary. Bunch of kids dealing with social situations and mental health in the 90s.

Its kind of annoying but then they'll do a rave scene that is actually well done and is memorable of your first all nighter etc. So I'm rounding it up to a well made show.

The kids generally act well and are not over directed.

I watched Murder in Provence, the latest in the tradition of the Sunday evening cozy detective shows. If you enjoy watching upper-class people deliver terrible unfunny dialogue in a stilted stagey manner this is for you.
I usually like Roger Allam, but he's wasted in this.

working through The Orville S3 right now. Not bad.
Finished The Old Man - was great, didn't realise how sick jeff bridges was while they were making it
Ms Marvel - I'm not the target audience but i thought it was good all the same. Goes fairly hard on US govt attitude to muslim communities, the brits in india etc
New series of what we do in the shadows is deadly so far
New westworld - loving it
watched one episode of night sky - s l o w but good

Just finished Night Sky.

Was disappointed that the last episode was the last episode. Best thing I've seen since The Expanse, take from that what you will.

I also finished The Terminal List. Spoiler, he finished the list. It was grand.

I'm four episodes into Star Trek: Strange New Worlds and very charmed. It's like old mid-season TNG filler episodes except better than that.
Is it not basically the original Star Trek rejiggered?
Like it's The Force Awakens to OG Star Trek's A New Hope?
Reverse-engineered to feel the same, just with some new stuff.

I am really asking, cos this and OG is all the Star Trek TV I have ever seen

I know to feel dread whenever Pike says "We are on a routine survey mission..."
Usually means they are in for an almighty walloping.

Great to see some Irish lump of a lad from Laois show up in Episode 7 or 8

Maybe I'll have to give it a go. New Star Trek has been nothing but a monstrosity ever since the 'reboot' films, but I like the descriptions of this thing there, mid-season TNG filler sounds alright to me
it's really good. pisses all over Discovery BUT it probably makes sense to have seen the first two seasons of Discovery beforehand - definitely season two anyway.

Finished Night Sky. Good. Slow, but good. Pity it's been cancelled alright.

Started Paper Girls. 2.5 episodes in and I like it so far, but the ehhh antagonists are a bit children's TV so far. Top marks for a great use of Danzig on the soundtrack: "I'm just waiting for my.... BROTHER..."

dd23f6a1-37c4-40af-9858-d8fdf0492d31_text.gif

Last edited:
I think I enjoyed it, but I’m not sure about paper girls. It’s a weird mix of stranger things, afternoon childrens tv, and a lot of swearing, and suffers from some moments of truly appalling cgi. Maybe it works better as the source material? I’ll be surprised if they make a second series.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back