Minor Musical Observations (1 Viewer)

I've never heard Rorschach called screamo before, always seen them as a wider part of power violence. Don't know the other two but bands like Funeral Diner and Circle Takes The Square would be perfect examples of screamo to me.
Well yeah - the term screamo wasn't used then. It only came along a few years later.

Heroin were from San Diego in the early/mid 90's on Gravity records who had other similar bands like Mohinder, Angelhair etc
ABC Diablo were German and put out 2 albums in 93 and 95.

whether or not these bands qualify as screamo I can't say but their influence is in the mix somewhere. The bands I mentioned are OK but I am just not a fan of the genre and never was.

the two bands Moose mentioned were unknown to me. Gave them a quick listen and they are a generation on from the stuff I mentioned music wise.

funny to think that word emo was so associated with skinny pants in the last 15 years.
in the 90's emo bands were ridiculed for their baggy pants

How about

Emo violence

(For real)
That was always a hard one to define!
I am just not a fan of nearly any HC style that emerged in the 90's.

Power violence was mostly a continuation of Siege, early DRI, Larm, Attitude Adjustment, Heresy, SOB etc etc which is fine with me those bands were amazing and still have a huge influence.

funnily the guy who coined the term - Eric Wood from Man Is The Bastard - band was very unique. The had slow heavy songs that sounded like Magma's 1976 masterpiece De Futura!
So it wasn't really a music genre just a group of friends centred around Slap A Ham Records "people with the kinder mindset" as he called them.

I became aware of Chris Dodge's label in 1993 but found it badly distributed in Europe and I'd often order their records only to find they were out of stock.
If I ordered them from Chris in the SF Bay area 7" were $3 plus $3 postage - that was expensive at the time kids! so I'd buy a couple of euro grindcore EPs instead.

Damn, I'm glad I asked a question about a band who are basically just a bunch of dudes with guitars from Arizona. I'm getting an education.

Unless this is some sort of billygannon level wind up and everything Nuke Terrorist has said is just made up.

Amazing stuff, Every day is a school day,

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

the first songs on that comp. are from the split LP w/ Capitalist Casualties from 1994 which Is the best record I have from MITB. they home recorded their own material and it always sounded great for it.
the intrumental song Feed The Octopus is amazing but Gourmet Pez (starts @ 3:24-6:00) is my favourite song by them.

''...ALL YOUR MONEY WILL IT BUY YOU LOVE?
I SAY FUCK YOUR FUCK YOUR MONEY
GIVE US GOURMET PEZ
ALL YOUR MONEY WILL IT BUY YOU PEACE?
I SAY FUCK YOUR MONEY
GIVE US GOURMET PEZ''

the first songs on that comp. are from the split LP w/ Capitalist Casualties from 1994 which Is the best record I have from MITB. they home recorded their own material and it always sounded great for it.
the intrumental song Feed The Octopus is amazing but Gourmet Pez (starts @ 3:24-6:00) is my favourite song by them.

''...ALL YOUR MONEY WILL IT BUY YOU LOVE?
I SAY FUCK YOUR FUCK YOUR MONEY
GIVE US GOURMET PEZ
ALL YOUR MONEY WILL IT BUY YOU PEACE?
I SAY FUCK YOUR MONEY
GIVE US GOURMET PEZ''

Yeah I know. Also has the split with Bleeding Rectum featuring our lad Crispo.

I'm sure I would've hated this if I had seen it as a teenager. Now I don't. Quite the opposite in fact *puffs pipe

Don't have that one on vinyl just the B.R. split LP w/ Groningen folks Fleas And Lice.
Great names in this thread.
That Bleeding Rectum/Fleas and Lice split was deadly! I played it all summer on a moody teenage holiday with my folks back in '96. I'd say my dalliance with hardcore and crust, ahem, crested with that particular release.

ha.

That Bleeding Rectum/Fleas and Lice split was deadly! I played it all summer on a moody teenage holiday with my folks back in '96. I'd say my dalliance with hardcore and crust, ahem, crested with that particular release.

ha.
FLEAS AND LICE did a tour of Ireland in late 1993 inc. New Ross, as I remember? They had just changed their name from MUSHROOM ATTACK.
I didn't see them but it was a seminal in the Groningen/Ireland connection.

I didn't know they were still going. they played the grindcore mecca Obscene Extreme in 2019.

maybe it was too early for the folks stage diving in fancy dress and inflatables? (not joking either there's usually lots of 'em) or they weren't drunk enough yet.

I'm sure I would've hated this if I had seen it as a teenager. Now I don't. Quite the opposite in fact *puffs pipe

Colbert : ''Ladies and gentlemen...'' surprised anyone says that without getting cancelled.

Colbert : ''Ladies and gentlemen...'' surprised anyone says that without getting cancelled.
That did actually make me chuckle.

The music is produced to within an inch of it's life, but I mean that in a good way. I hear something else every time I listen any of their music.

It's amusing that they're basically doing a fight scene, but through dance. Which I think a teenage me would have seen as fake (not "gay", I was so woke even then), or something. But I appreciate the choreography a lot more than I used to. Those folks put the effort in. I wouldn't rely on them to have my back in a hairy situation outside a chipshop on a Saturday night, but those dancers are harder than any hard fucker.

And no, I've never seen West Side Story.

Christine and the Queens I find really inconsistent, and it frustrates me because a song and performance like that I agree is fucking class, I should have put it in the pop song thread back before that got taken over by tedious indie bands.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back