The Thumped Motoring Forum (2 Viewers)

• Thread starter GO
  • Start date
  • Replies 1K
  • Views 86K
  • Watchers 10
Went out to find a dead battery there.. had to walk round to the chipper

I've no jump leads either smh

Airbag warning light can be a capacitor waiting to charge and might dissapear after a longer run.

Ffs though, sounds like a pain in the hole 🕳️
turns out i needed to bring it back to the garage to clear the airbag warning light. the OBD showed loads of errors, but they were logs from two weeks ago when the car glitched - the immobiliser issue hasn't appeared since; except on monday in my mum's car, bizarrely. a 2019 hyundai i10; the car refused to start and the AA chap who came out reckons it's the immobiliser. the car had to be towed to the garage.

Had the lecky for a few weeks now and getting the hang of the charging, range etc.
We've done about 800km in it so far which is the range of the Avensis with a full tank. The last time we filled that it was €100 in diesel. Rough calculations are that we've used €30.69 in electricity.
It's interesting.
Obviously I haven't driven the thing yet what with the vision problems but I sure is nice to a passenger in.

TLDR

Guy hacks his car infotainment thing to lock/unlock doors

Which all i read as

Someone is going cyberattack everyone's car some day, potentially in the manner of the cyberattacks that float around warzones.

well, that was poxy fucking timing. took the car to the NCT - the car has always been reliable, was serviced last week, so did the usual and drove it for 20 mins to get it up to temp, and into the NCT centre and booked it in. and when the mechanic came out to collect it, it wouldn't start.
well, it would; the engine would catch, run for a second or two, and die. no lights at all on the main instrument cluster. the NCT mechanic reckoned it was an immobiliser fault, and left it sit for a few mins, but that didn't fix it. he arranged to have my test cancelled with a full refund.
i rang my mechanic who has a tow truck and (poxy timing again) he's currently on his way down the country on holidays. he suggested disconnecting the battery for five minutess and reconnecting it; thank god i found a leatherman in the car so was able to do it, and the car started after reconnecting it, albeit with an airbag warning light. so at least i got it home without it being on the back of a tow truck.
Good Jesus fuck. Rescheduled NCT is tomorrow, car has been sweet as a nut since - until an hour ago when it went into limp home mode. EPC and traction control warnings on the dash. EPC is VAG group code for 'we think there is something wrong with the power or throttle or traction control or electronics'.

If it had just waited another 24 hours so I at least could have gotten it through the NCT.

i once spent ages replacing a headlight bulb in the dark down in the blanch centre carpark. finally got it sorted, started the car... and the other bulb went.

Good Jesus fuck. Rescheduled NCT is tomorrow, car has been sweet as a nut since - until an hour ago when it went into limp home mode. EPC and traction control warnings on the dash. EPC is VAG group code for 'we think there is something wrong with the power or throttle or traction control or electronics'.

If it had just waited another 24 hours so I at least could have gotten it through the NCT.

computers have no place in a car

the car is misfiring on cylinder 3. my mechanic is going to replace leads, coil pack and plugs; he could have done them one by one but that might have taken a day or two and it might have ended up costing me more. he reckons he should be able to get me to the dance on time, if the swap works.

computers have no place in a car
David Hasselhoff Smile GIF by Feliks Tomasz Konczakowski

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back