It's the Friday 80s Pop song thread (5 Viewers)

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I'll tell you who was high, whoever shot that video.

This appeared in my Facebook feed. I'd complely forgotten it until I hit play

Whatever way thats filmed it looks amazing ..bad song though

We watched that movie Pride last night..great movie..anyway it reminded me of the time I came home from school and Billy Bragg was playing A New England on whateber the Channel 4 afternoon show was on at that time. It had a profound effect on me. I can't find the exact clip//maybe it was BBC2 I dunno..but this clip is very similiar

Rick Astley was on Amoeba's What's In My Bag feature the other day but it has already been blocked by Sony who weren't happy with some of their music being used - WTF it's 2022. so the whole clip has been removed.
anyway it quite entertaining due Rick being a lovely affable unpretenious lad.
he had some good stories in between talking about the records he bought (Japan, Gabriel era Genesis, AC/DC, Sinatra, Tori Amos, Foo Fighters etc).
he started off as a drummer and Phil Rudd is his fave, Rick's sister is a progster and Camel was his first gig etc

Rick Astley was on Amoeba's What's In My Bag feature the other day but it has already been blocked by Sony who weren't happy with some of their music being used - WTF it's 2022. so the whole clip has been removed.
he had some good stories in between talking about the records he bought (Japan, Gabriel era Genesis, AC/DC, Sinatra, Tori Amos, Foo Fighters etc).
he started off as a drummer and Phil Rudd is his fave, Rick's sister is a progster and Camel was his first gig etc

Seems back

Ray Davies, a master of melancholic nostalgia.
Written about his sister who died from a heart attack while out dancing one night.

NOT THE 9 O'CLOCK NEWS - Nice Video, Shame About The Song

in the comments someone called 'margus kiis' tries to guess (shot by shot) all the artists/songs this references. there's also a link to a version without the canned laughter.

in the comments someone called 'margus kiis' tries to guess (shot by shot) all the artists/songs this references. there's also a link to a version without the canned laughter.

I remember this so well. I only discovered the other day, after posting the Olivia, Newton John spoof that proper muso Howard Goodall wrote a lot of their parody songs. He also wrote a lot of familiar theme tunes.

Obviously, in name anyway, inspired by this. Pretend-punks, (ex The Strawbs), The Monks

So whats the deal, were the Blow Monkeys just never taken seriously at the time? They're not a band who come up much in serious The Quietus-like writing about 80s pop, why are they largely forgotten but crap like Wet Wet Wet are still remembered? This song is forever popping into my head

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back