What gig did you go to last night? (3 Viewers)

I've always wanted to but never been kinda bothered to do a pie chart of how many hot press covers are U2 per annum.

Anywhoo this client is one of our biggest shareholders, make sure not to dissapoint them, son

Bob Mould. If he had a band with him the building would have collapsed. Very loud. A fair spread of songs from throughout his career

Went to 2 gigs over the weekend. Bob Mould and Beck

Bob Mould was good, great songs and everything but I have to admit I found it kind of harsh to listen to for a full hour and a half. Also, really missed having any sort of rhythm section there

Saw CMAT and Beck in Trinity on Sunday. They were both awesome. Beck always puts on such a good show. It was a really fun night with a lot of good mates out at it. I also found out my wife used to work with CMAT’s ma. We met her on the way into it

Went to Big Brave and Perculator last night. Really really great.

Only caught the end of Perculators set, but the sound was fantastic. I haven't been in the Lower Deck in about 10 years, glad to see they took away those redundant pillars that used to be at the side of the stage (I hope the floor above doesn't fall through!).

Big Brave were loud and heavy and primal, but also with a touch of tenderness. Not just that soul crushing/sludge/doom heavy, they bring something else to the table. I honestly feel cleansed after seeing them.

I loved that they seemed genuinely surprised and appreciative there was a crowd in to see them. Caught a few moments of shared smiles between the band members that brought a levity to the heaviness of the music.

Can't help thinking of that contrast - a bunch of hulking bearded dudes grimacing while playing that type of music conveys a quite a different feeling.

Class, class stuff.

Went to Big Brave and Perculator last night. Really really great.

Only caught the end of Perculators set, but the sound was fantastic. I haven't been in the Lower Deck in about 10 years, glad to see they took away those redundant pillars that used to be at the side of the stage (I hope the floor above doesn't fall through!).

Big Brave were loud and heavy and primal, but also with a touch of tenderness. Not just that soul crushing/sludge/doom heavy, they bring something else to the table. I honestly feel cleansed after seeing them.

I loved that they seemed genuinely surprised and appreciative there was a crowd in to see them. Caught a few moments of shared smiles between the band members that brought a levity to the heaviness of the music.

Can't help thinking of that contrast - a bunch of hulking bearded dudes grimacing while playing that type of music conveys a quite a different feeling.

Class, class stuff.

Was at that too. Agreed on all counts. I did catch all of Percolator though. I also seen Big Brave at Supersonic on big warehouse stage. Was amazing seeing them so intimately and then with the huge system. Robin really brings so much emotion to the performance/vocals.

Stoat on Friday in the Workmans Cellar Bar.

Good times fun band. Needed more @egg_ songs imho. John's vocals are holding up very well. That's a high register.

Funny venue. First time there, think i like it. Shouldn't bother calling it Workmans though, since its on Essex street (i think?)

Good crowd at it. A lot of women, not that I was looking out for that kind of thing.

Great band.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back