What television series are you currently making your way through? (6 Viewers)

Finished Archive 81 last night, enjoyed it and relieved it didn’t shit the bed by the end. So often there’s a great set up and a disappointing pay-off. Soundtrack is amazing, that ritual chant is *chef kiss*.
Want this cancelled mid season? Is it worth watching?

Thought i'd throw out there that I watched Pistol a few weeks ago and it was wayyy better than the reviews were saying, would actually recommend. Not factually correct in every detail of course but it captures the spirit of all the stuff and people really well, at least as far as I can tell a generation or two removed.

Was glad to see a few heavyweights like Jon Savage and John Robb (all the John's except Lydon!) wading in saying positive things about it.

Don't get me wrong, you can ask why are they making this in 2022, I don't think anyone wants it when they could have made, e.g. a Debbie Harry biopic, but for what it is, it's really well done.

Also, watched Yellow Jackets, which was fucking amazing, probably the first new US show in YEARS I've been really into. Really, actually roll on season 2. I see Bernie/David watched it and wasnt impressed. Bah! Go back to True Detective so.

Do I like The Terminal List? Should I like The Terminal List?

I like cool dudes doing cool shit. But Just seems like a lot of 'MERICA! Butch competent murderers who talk like hippies, but own boats and pick-up trucks and houses and lots of guns. And somehow everyone is against our hero. One could apply ones own conspiracy theory to it. Addressing PTSD in some sort of way is good I guess.

I've only finished episode one..

Do I like The Terminal List? Should I like The Terminal List?

I like cool dudes doing cool shit. But Just seems like a lot of 'MERICA! Butch competent murderers who talk like hippies, but own boats and pick-up trucks and houses and lots of guns. And somehow everyone is against our hero. One could apply ones own conspiracy theory to it. Addressing PTSD in some sort of way is good I guess.

I've only finished episode one..
Shit. I thought this was a film when I saw it advertised.

Enjoying Umbrella Academy SE03 more than I expected
The plot is the usual hokum about time travel and apocalypses, but the dialogue is snappy and well-written. Mostly.
Not all story lines work great, but very good character acting all around.
Robert Sheehan playing the gay dissolute does a great job.

Obi Wan Kenobi - this was very good

Star Trek Strange New Worlds - really really good. One of the better Star Trek series - It’s basically TOS, slightly modernised.

Ms Marvel - only watched the first episode, but it’s decent so far.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back