What gig did you go to last night? (3 Viewers)

I was at a 40th party on Saturday night where a band played. Drums, bass, guitar, brass, vocals. It was unbelievably loud. Most of the people who bolted the venue to chat were musicians protecting their hearing.

It was a pity because they were good time party music, I think.

I was at a 40th party on Saturday night where a band played. Drums, bass, guitar, brass, vocals. It was unbelievably loud. Most of the people who bolted the venue to chat were musicians protecting their hearing.

It was a pity because they were good time party music, I think.
I guess it's hard to play brass instruments quietly if you're playing party music. I was once at a christening in a small pub where a kid kept playing the bagpipes.

I didn't enjoy it.

The brass would have been fine if it wasn't being blown at full strength with the mic being swallowed by the blowy bit into a PA on max. If they just turned off the PA it would have worked.

The brass would have been fine if it wasn't being blown at full strength with the mic being swallowed by the blowy bit into a PA on max. If they just turned off the PA it would have worked.
oh right. yeah, no need for amplification

Cro-Mags were pretty good. Harley didn't say anything stupid and seemed quite good humoured and tongue in cheek with the banter.
Even the songs from the other records sounded good.

I felt out of place somewhat though as I have hair and no beard.

Weezer etc in Marley Park.
They upheld their end of the bargain by playing a great set with a few unexpected songs. A nice spread of tunes. Played well, entertaining. Good job.
Unfortunately my end of the bargain was the shitty end that involved going to a massive outdoor gig. Sound/view/experience was sub par.

Users who are viewing this thread

• JohnnyRaz
Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back