What movie did you watch last night? (11 Viewers)

The Unbearable Weight of Massive Nic Cage

First half of the film is fuckin class, it goes the wrong direction in the second half and runs out of steam a bit (although the meta-narrative does call it as it goes along). Cage and Pascal are both fuckin legends, naturally.

Dr Strange 2. Enjoyable movie even if it’s not exactly groundbreaking cinema. Some good Raimi jump scares mixed in with all the usual Marvel nonsense, and a dash of stunt casting. Contains an excellent musical cue-influenced fight scene, and one particular cameo that might be a little too ON THE NOSE if you know what I mean. Yeah worth a watch in the cinema I think.

Last edited:
Drive My Car last weekend.

bit of a slog I gotta say. but at the same time the three hours went fast.

Last week I saw that Dr. Strange film - it wasn't awful, actually some of the 'evil' stuff was pretty cool, guess that's the Sam Raimi. It's not very good though, just distinctly average film, not much better than most Marvel gak.

The day after that I went to see Everything Everywhere All At Once and it's FUCKIN AMAAAAZZZIIIINNNGGGGGG and blows Dr. Strange out of the water in absolutely every way. It's one of the best films EVEEERRRRRR

rosemary's baby. excellent stuff. really solid build up - really lulls you into it. you almost forget your watching a horror. truly expert film making imo. however, i didn't think the ending was as strong. hard to complain though, top marks. people in ireland in 1966 must have been losing their minds when this came out

rosemary's baby. excellent stuff. really solid build up - really lulls you into it. you almost forget your watching a horror. truly expert film making imo. however, i didn't think the ending was as strong. hard to complain though, top marks. people in ireland in 1966 must have been losing their minds when this came out
stunning film. truly a masterclass in suspense filmmaking.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back