Hellworld Thread (1 Viewer)

The narrative on that seems to have moved from 'guns are bad' to 'the police should have stopped this' which in some sense might be true, but also takes the heat off the gun lobby.

The narrative on that seems to have moved from 'guns are bad' to 'the police should have stopped this' which in some sense might be true, but also takes the heat off the gun lobby.
Also fills the narrative that the solution is more guns in then hands of civilians as the police/state/Masonic-lizard oligarchy can’t or won’t defend them

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

May Mayo never win an all-Ireland again, until all of that squad has died

Yeah but, are we taking into fully taking into account every interpretation of what a few noblemen wrote down towards the end of the 1700s?

And while it's easy to say we don't want ceaseless shooting of children and other people going about their daily lives, we need to get our priorities straight here. The Founding Fathers might be dead a while but they wrote down the rules and we need to obey those rules make sure that they wouldn't be upset.

Yeah but, are we taking into fully taking into account every interpretation of what a few noblemen wrote down towards the end of the 1700s?

And while it's easy to say we don't want ceaseless shooting of children and other people going about their daily lives, we need to get our priorities straight here. The Founding Fathers might be dead a while but they wrote down the rules and we need to obey those rules make sure that they wouldn't be upset.
In fairness to those old dudes, I think their intent in that 2nd Amendment was clear. There’s just too many commas.

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

won't change a thing. republicans, libertarians and right wing gun nuts don't care about this sort of liberal, hand wringing stuff and can't be shamed into changing their minds.

The US constitution was a strongly pro slavery document. one part of it says importing slaves will not be abandoned for 20 years.
this despite the Declaration of Independence saying:
''we hold these truths to be self evident, that all men are created equal...''

as the 90's T shirt said: ''GEORGE WASHINGTON OWNED SLAVES AND SMOKED POT''

In fairness to those old dudes, I think their intent in that 2nd Amendment was clear. There’s just too many commas.

I'm not sure I understand what that second amendment means. But I also don't give a fuck, because it was written ages ago and given the information that we have today we should be big enough boys and girls to be able figure out what makes sense now.

They shouldn't be agonizing over what some rich cunt meant by some comma 250 odd years ago in order to figure out what to do now.

God didn't chisel the words onto a rock and then reach down with his big feathery hand through the clouds, and gently place those rocks into... possibly Moses? Or Joseph? THAT'S NOT THE POINT, point is we can only be sure that Christianity and The Bible is perfectly correct in all its writings.

The reason for God didn't chisel the US constitution onto a rock, and reach down with his feathery hand and give it to some lad, and I'm sorry if this makes some people uncomfortable, but God wasn't all that interested in that area of the world back then. He thought the whole undertaking was a bit uncouth, was frankly surprised that it took off like that, and admittedly had to do a bit of a U Turn and go back there cap in hand, to ensure the gays a tough time and generally put manners on the place.

I'm not sure I understand what that second amendment means. But I also don't give a fuck, because it was written ages ago and given the information that we have today we should be big enough boys and girls to be able figure out what makes sense now.

They shouldn't be agonizing over what some rich cunt meant by some comma 250 odd years ago in order to figure out what to do now.

God didn't chisel the words onto a rock and then reach down with his big feathery hand through the clouds, and gently place those rocks into... possibly Moses? Or Joseph? THAT'S NOT THE POINT, point is we can only be sure that Christianity and The Bible is perfectly correct in all its writings.

The reason for God didn't chisel the US constitution onto a rock, and reach down with his feathery hand and give it to some lad, and I'm sorry if this makes some people uncomfortable, but God wasn't all that interested in that area of the world back then. He thought the whole undertaking was a bit uncouth, was frankly surprised that it took off like that, and admittedly had to do a bit of a U Turn and go back there cap in hand, to ensure the gays a tough time and generally put manners on the place.
I think it’s basically “we don’t trust the feds. The states need to be able to raise a well regulated militia if they ever need to defend themselves against said feds. A well regulated militia needs to be armed, therefore we all agree to allow said well regulated militia members to be legally armed”

That’s it. That became understood to mean a general right to bear arms and I think it was only 2008 or something that the Supreme Court codified that as “actually it’s a fuckin gun free for all. Go wild lads.”

Last edited:
Yeah, the not trusting the Feds bit was common, and probably fair enough. I think I understood that.

So the Arms (uppercase A) bearers were implicitly part of the well regulated Militia (capital M). I suppose that's a more sensible proposition.

The "well regulated Militia" bit though. That's pretty clearly meaning a militia, that's well regulated. As in there would be a carefully assembled and trained group of people, and the states would regulate these groups, well, with regulations. And then it fits that those well trained and regulated groups would have the right to arms.

When I was reading it I think my eyes had rolled so far back into my head when I saw the Militia bit, I was distracted and jumped to the Arms bit and then for-fuck-sake'd all the way to the end of that section.

The thing about it is, there's something around 400 million guns knocking around the US, that they know about. Most of the films made involve heroically shooting guns, guns are cool, guns are the solution to problems, guns have an equal status with sweet baby Jesus. To deny guns is to deny sweet baby Jesus' dying wish, and if you don't like that I've got the right to shoot you.

I've... well, maybe not seen (I think) but have seen the seconds leading up to, and heard, some kid getting shot and killed on the way home from work. When I was in the south I learned to tell different weapons apart by the sound of the shot. One of the greatest US cyclists missed out on Tour wins because he was shot.
Like, the place is demented. Of course it's a problem that they can fix, but for a lot of people guns are great craic altogether, so let's go shooting stuff. I'm never going to not have my craic, it doesn't matter how many kids' lives that costs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back