Performance (1 Viewer)

Sure Jan GIF

So a full removal and reinstall of php-fpm hasn’t helped. Looks like what i thought was the cause is just another symptom.

I’ve been digging into log files and noticed a lot of dodgy traffic hitting one of the server IPs so I’ve blocked that in case it’s effectively acting as a DOS attack. I’ve also increased some child process settings in php-from but to be honest that’s more of a sticking plaster than an actual fix.

Sure we’ll see how it goes today.

how did this go?
didn't help. that was mostly Cloudflare optimisations but whatever is going on seems to be happening at lower level on the server.

i managed to lock myself out completely earlier while denying access to anyone trying to bypass cloudflare/FQDN and hitting the server IPs directly. oops.

i don't have a paid Datadog account so there's no log parsing/event correlations available which is a bit of pain as it means i've to manually trawl through multiple log files looking for... something? at east i've some timestamps to start with anyway.

i don't have a paid Datadog account so there's no log parsing/event correlations available which is a bit of pain as it means i've to manually trawl through multiple log files looking for... something?
do you need datadog? what are you using it for? maybe a lightweight out-of-box prometheus/grafana combo would give less jip.

I hate DD.

Oh i like datadog because it's so simple to get dashboards up and running and i don't have to worry about configuring any software myself. I tried Grafana before but i didn't have the patience to get it working.

So a full removal and reinstall of php-fpm hasn’t helped. Looks like what i thought was the cause is just another symptom.

I’ve been digging into log files and noticed a lot of dodgy traffic hitting one of the server IPs so I’ve blocked that in case it’s effectively acting as a DOS attack. I’ve also increased some child process settings in php-from but to be honest that’s more of a sticking plaster than an actual fix.

Sure we’ll see how it goes today.
what was the source IP, as a matter of interest? or, were there multiple?

just happened to be reading this, this morning

but, given that resources seem fine on the underlying system, its unlikely to be DDOS. But, still seems unusual

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back