The Thumped Motoring Forum (2 Viewers)

• Thread starter GO
  • Start date
  • Replies 1K
  • Views 86K
  • Watchers 10
Yeah i did look at the newer longer range one vs the first version. My big runs are both in the 300km+ zone and usually with a *lot* of cargo so anything that can do 50km a day to soak up work stuff is grand. Definitely a maybe next year thing though if diesel hits 2.80 that'd be a buy a 6K one immediately scenario.

have i already mentioned my great theory that one way of reducing fuel consumption is to stop hiding it from people? the vast majority of people never actually see petrol or diesel, they don't actually see the 50L going into the car every week or month or whatever.

have i already mentioned my great theory that one way of reducing fuel consumption is to stop hiding it from people? the vast majority of people never actually see petrol or diesel, they don't actually see the 50L going into the car every week or month or whatever.
I'd say that's a very concious decision in the motor industry - like there is that multiplier of volume for co2 where 1000ml of petrol is 2392ml of co2 so you could have a dial on the dash saying how many lungfulls of co2 it takes to get somewhere.

Our Leaf still hasn't arrived, we were told it would be May.

A friend who ordered a Hyundai EV two weeks after us has just got a call to say that ALL orders are now cancelled.

Also, sold the Fiesta today, €1900. Nice chap bought it.

the hyundai ioniq 5 and the kia ev6 are basically the same car, with some pretty major cosmetic differences obviously

PLugged all the data @pete put up about his electric automobile into a spreadsheet and made a few formulas and essentially if 2nd hand leafs, even with 80% batteries on them hit around 4500 on the second hand market it'd be break even for me to have two cars over the next 4-5 years, just using the one i have for the long runs.

One close to 5000 there this evening, 80km range on it. Not that i have any money.

I've been over 100 on filling a tank for a while, but that's for just over 700 miles.

you need to be very, very careful when looking at the car's guesstimated range vs it's actual real world range. When fully charged, mine can say it'll do 125-135km, but in reality it might be closer to 100-120km. it might drop 10km range withing the first couple minutes driving.

If i was buying now I'd be sure to get a battery SoH report which should show actual degradation and % capacity vs what the dash says.

Happy to see the current owner of my old car seems to love it
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back