Performance (1 Viewer)

pete

chronic procrastinator
Staff member
Since 1999
Solutions
Website
thumped.com
So my current situation has meant i've been able to spend a bit of time on site maintenance & performance stuff. I don't think it's anything spectacular - we're talking improvements in the ms range - but it should be enough to make things feel like they're loading & displaying faster.

But that's not the point of this thread. Most of the tweaks involve small changes to the order of script loading, resource caching, and a little bit of HTTP/2 prioritisastion (yes, mostly Cloudflare stuff) , which in turn can lead to things not working exactly as they're meant to do or just general strangeness.

If you notice anything broken or that just looks off, please let me know here.

something funky going on this morning. not sure if it's related to these changes, but checking now.

ok i 've made a config change that i must have overlooked at some point, or that got changed during some other updates i was doing (suphp was enabled instead of fcgi). weird.

i'm also running some database repair/optimisation jobs so that might bung things up a bit too, but it's something i like to do after a few ehh unplanned reboots.

got 403'd at work and had to go incognito

in fairness though

The problem is much more likely at this end all told
No I think it’s me. Still not sure what the problem is. It’s not server load, but something somewhere is choking.

No I think it’s me. Still not sure what the problem is. It’s not server load, but something somewhere is choking.
got 403'd at work and had to go incognito

in fairness though

The problem is much more likely at this end all told

''its all my problem - sorry''
''no, surely there's something I can do''

datadog is great but i dunno if i need it running all the time. Anyway this looks to be an nginx->apache issue so i think i'll go Apache only for a while and see what happens.
Well it still locked up with just Apache running. Hmmm.

whats locked up? memory? network? CPU? I/O?
That’s the problem - it’s nothing obvious. Low server load, low memory usage, IO is fine, i still have SSH access when it falls over so I just restart httpd and it comes back. Have some log files to read through now….

the problem with stuff like this is that i have to let it fail so i can see what the problem actually is.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back