Eurovision 2022 (1 Viewer)

It's about two minutes too long and her voice isn't great

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Very poorly sung song.

Which I don't like, but these songs aren't written for me.

I thought it was good! And the crowd really seemed to like it. I was very surprised it didn't get through. From last night I liked Serbia and Sweden, they're both in the final.

The black arches behind the performers are supposed to move around, but they're stuck. Some countries were using them as part of their staging and some weren't, but now they're staying there static for all countries. In wider shots you can see countries are using the huge LCD screen at the back for their visuals but in the tighter shots that's all blocked by the broken-down black arches. Must be affecting some performances disproportionately.

Chairman just announced the votes of three countries instead of going to their local presenters...

"In the analysis of jury voting by the European Broadcasting Union’s (EBU) pan-European voting partner after the Second Dress Rehearsal of the Second Semi-Final of the 2022 Eurovision Song Contest, certain irregular voting patterns were identified in the results of six countries.

In order to comply with the Contest’s Voting Instructions, the EBU worked with its voting partner to calculate a substitute aggregated result for each country concerned for both the Second-Semi Final and the Grand Final (calculated based on the results of other countries with similar voting records).

This process was acknowledged by the Independent Voting Monitor.

The EBU takes any suspected attempts to manipulate the voting at the Eurovision Song Contest extremely seriously and has the right to remove such votes in accordance with the Official Voting Instructions, irrespective of whether or not such votes are likely to influence the results and/or outcome of the voting."

The song was quite bad, but the performances I saw had a charm to them. Overall, the "you're not good at riding" message felt a bit much for my taste.

Didn't know about the prop malfunctions

Thought most of the finalists were drab enough ballads. Couldn't remember much of the tunes minutes after it ended. In terms of something that went on cultural queueues and was actually a bit of a show I was going with Spain. Serbia was a cool art type thing. If Ukraine didn't exist the french one woulda stood out a lot more. The Irish entry was running a dua lipa pagent which might launch that lady into the charts or tv shows or something which is fair enough, but it's not really the kinda silly shit this competition is supposed to be about.

"Well that was jolly rebellious, wasn't it?!

since this thread is still going, these are the only non Irish Eurovision songs from growing up I can remember that didn't win.

Turkish entry from 1986 is about Halley's comet or something. chorus goes:
''Hi Halley, hi hi Halley, hi Halley, hi hi Halley, Hhhalaay''

Greek entry from 1988. again the terrible chorus is reason I can't forget this -
''Clown, clown, ha ha ha ha!''

Plastic Bertrand - Plastic World. 1987 Luxembourg entry.

I didn't know who Belgian plastic punk turned light entertainer Plastic Bertrand was at the time but this is the only Eurovision song I heard as a kid that I liked. it's a euro synth pop job that the Eurovision orchestra wrecked.

I don't remember 1965 but...
the early days of Eurovision seemed to be very stiff singer and an orchestra stuff where Nana Mouskouri would be considered really groovy. Serge Gainsbourg's tune sung by France Gall (RIP) must have been a game changer.
France Gall - Poupee de cire.... (Luxembourg, 1965)

this video has 4 million hits, the others I posted are in the thousands. anyway that's all I can come up with.

how does business side of being a Eurovision performer or songwriter work?
I suppose yer contracted to do a lot of work for a month or 6 weeks then you are on the scrap heap.

Interesting "comment on youtube"

After she won, her boyfriend Claude François broke up with her. He was a singer too, and could not stand her having more success than he had. Then, Claude wrote this song about their life together, "Comme d'habitude" ("as usual"). And then, Frank Sinatra sang the famous english version of this song, called "My way".

After she won, her boyfriend Claude François broke up with her. He was a singer too, and could not stand her having more success than he had. Then, Claude wrote this song about their life together, "Comme d'habitude" ("as usual"). And then, Frank Sinatra sang the famous english version of this song, called "My way".

I have often heard the name Claude Francois but knew little about him other that changing a light bulb while standing in a bath is not a good idea.
I just read he also asked Annie Philippe another pop star of the Ye ye (yeah yeah?) era to marry him and she said 'non'.
seems he switched to eurodisco in the 70's

Today is a day of finding out facts

Paul Anka wrote the English lyrics to "My Way", Frank Sinatra's signature song.

Anka also wrote "It Doesn't Matter Anymore" – a song written for Holly, which Holly recorded just before he died in 1959. Anka stated shortly afterward:

"It Doesn't Matter Anymore" has a tragic irony about it now, but at least it will help look after Buddy Holly's family. I'm giving my composer's royalty to his widow – it's the least I can do."

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back