Coronavirus: Better Call Sol - CORONAMANIA (4 Viewers)

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

So yours truly got referred to a&e by his gp yesterday morning (long story). Got there at 11am, finished with a&e process at 3:30pm, then had to wait to see someone from “the surgery team”. 12:30am he tells me I’m being admitted. I got moved to a different and slightly more comfortable chair a while after that, at 2:15am I was woken and given a covid test, and then got a trolley at 3am.

At 6am I was woken up and told “guess what - you’ve tested positive. You’re going to the covid ward.”

Well, shit. Zero covid symptoms, but here we are. I’m one of those 254 people mentioned in that tweet above and let me tell you, it’s a living fucking hell. I’m not sure how many patients are on the ward but so far I think I’m one of the youngest. It’s full of very old, very frail, very loud, and very confused people.

There’s 4 men in the room I’m in, all a good bit older than me:

One clearly has some level of dementia and is out of a nursing home. I know this because he spent about 45 minutes on a speakerphone conversation with some poor relative going round and round in circles about getting out of here and back to his “old place”.

One is Eastern European and has a loud, deep voice. I know this because he’s had about 6 or 7 long phone conversations, all on speakerphone of course.

The other guy is very quiet, except when he’s coughing, clearing his throat, mumbling incoherently, or moaning in pain. I also think he came very close to death this morning so I was surprised to see him up and walking about - of course he pulled all his lines out and left his drip in the hallway before he came back, but whatever floats yer boat I guess.

Then there’s me, doing my best to ignore everyone else in the room and not engage in any conversation at all.

Across the hall I can hear an old lady calling out a woman’s name every few seconds. Someone else near her is shouting “ahh ahh ahh” in response. Over and over. All in all it’s fuckin grim.

The staff are, of course, amazing.

So yours truly got referred to a&e by his gp yesterday morning (long story). Got there at 11am, finished with a&e process at 3:30pm, then had to wait to see someone from “the surgery team”. 12:30am he tells me I’m being admitted. I got moved to a different and slightly more comfortable chair a while after that, at 2:15am I was woken and given a covid test, and then got a trolley at 3am.

At 6am I was woken up and told “guess what - you’ve tested positive. You’re going to the covid ward.”

Well, shit. Zero covid symptoms, but here we are. I’m one of those 254 people mentioned in that tweet above and let me tell you, it’s a living fucking hell. I’m not sure how many patients are on the ward but so far I think I’m one of the youngest. It’s full of very old, very frail, very loud, and very confused people.

One clearly has some level of dementia and is out of a nursing home. I know this because he spent about 45 minutes on a speakerphone conversation with some poor relative going round and round in circles about getting out of here and back to his “old place”.

One is Eastern European and has a loud, deep voice. I know this because he’s had about 6 or 7 long phone conversations, all on speakerphone of course.

The other guy is very quiet, except when he’s coughing, clearing his throat, mumbling incoherently, or moaning in pain. I also think he came very close to death this morning so I was surprised to see him up and walking about - of course he pulled all his lines out and left his drip in the hallway before he came back, but whatever floats yer boat I guess.

Then there’s me, doing my best to ignore everyone else in the room and not engage in any conversation at all.

Across the hall I can hear an old lady calling out a woman’s name every few seconds. Someone else near her is shouting “ahh ahh ahh” in response. Over and over. All in all it’s fuckin grim.

What the fuck? Holy shit. Get better soon please Pete.

Those poor people. God damn.

So sorry Pete, I really hope you get better and out of there really soon ♥️

Ah @pete that’s awful (for all concerned)! Hopefully whatever you originally went in for gets sorted ASAP and you run the timer down on the plague without too much damage to your mental health and hearing.

Now I feel really lucky to have Navan Hospital. We were having the craic. And the phone calls were minimal. I was also the youngest by 30 yrs.

Seriously though, try to "enjoy" the rest.

Sigh.

690d42f8-16fb-4dff-9916-82fda4e6f02b_text.gif

c54932bb-ad37-4c6e-8a15-45fcaec10c51_text.gif

I’m 99% sure I don’t have covid at all and the PCR test picked up on antibodies from my February infection. But now I’m trapped on the covid ward. FML.

He’s gone home.
Across the hall I can hear an old lady calling out a woman’s name every few seconds.
This poor lady was moved in to replace the Eastern European. I miss his Russian YouTubes, TikToks, and phone calls.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back