What to do in Dublin? (1 Viewer)

If you're in Dun Laoghaire, then I would suggest taking the Brunel-designed train down south along the coast. It's a fine railway journey, if you're in to that sort of thing. It seems to defy the laws of physics at times. What you do when you get to Greystones I don't know.
Being from Wexford originally I've been on that journey many times. Good idea!

If you're in Dun Laoghaire, then I would suggest taking the Brunel-designed train down south along the coast. It's a fine railway journey, if you're in to that sort of thing. It seems to defy the laws of physics at times. What you do when you get to Greystones I don't know.
huh. OK. Never knew any of this either.

Tourists including (members of Metallica) seem to love the Rock'n'roll museum tour.

The cobblestones should be a hit. If they want a to go somewhere after that’s more of a pint and a chat place, the Guinness in the glimmerman nearby is lovely.
If they’re American, they’ll probably like trinity college too.

huh. OK. Never knew any of this either.

To honest I didn't know there was an atmospheric railway round there myself. Haven't read all of that link, but I will. There was one in Crystal Palace at around the same time and it didn't really work very well.

The route I meant skims along the cliffs in a way that seems unbelievable. It was in THE MOST CONTROVERSIAL EVER episode of Micheal Portillo's Great British Railway Journeys.

Pretty much. I'm obviously being facetious.

*For anyone who has something better to do than watch twee re-runs of programs about twains, Portillo follows the route of a Victorian book called "Great British Railway Journeys", then talks to locals, admires the scenery etc.

Later when he was on Newstalk for something else, he was asked about including a journey in Ireland. "It's in the source material, which is of it's time", or something. This was years ago, it was daft on all sides as I recall. The NT text machine went mental.

Portillo's first series or two were good, but then his American railway one was just too fuckin smarmy and the set-up meet and greets in it were mostly just shit. He's decent when he just sticks to facts, he's pretty insufferable when they're trying to make him look funny.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back