What to do in Dublin? (1 Viewer)

I will say, just to add extra confusion, that people who have never been to Ireland/Dublin before have some ideas about what they want to do
Like I had people come over and they fucking LOVED the Leprechaun/Little Museum - and you couldn't drag me there with a gun to my head
Some people really want the touristy experience - a photo of a horrible pint at The Temple Bar etc etc - however we might want them to eat their tourist veg

Good luck

I have very hazy memories of going on the old orange ferry with my dad. He’d have been 83 today.
1648056378901.png

This is the last crossing of the (old) Ferry according to the Irish times.
That's mad. I remember that boat, but I never knew it was a ferry. We used to cycle down to look at the Toll Bridge getting built, they seemed to leave it raised for ages. Then bugger off up to the Pigeon House if we were brave and wanted to do a big ride. And to have a look at the piles of coal. Lol.

Here, will we go up and look at the coal piles?

Ah yeah.

Gift.

Fucking coal piles? Why.

My team in work is coming to Dublin (well, Dun Laoghaire) for a week-long series of meetings in June, and probably they'll be expecting me to show them around in the evenings and maybe a little bit one afternoon

I haven't lived in Dublin since 2004, so I'm not exactly up on things. Was thinking maybe a visit to Trinity, and a few pints in the Cobblestone. Any other suggestions?

If you're in Dun Laoghaire, then I would suggest taking the Brunel-designed train down south along the coast. It's a fine railway journey, if you're in to that sort of thing. It seems to defy the laws of physics at times. What you do when you get to Greystones I don't know.

If you're in Dun Laoghaire, then I would suggest taking the Brunel-designed train down south along the coast. It's a fine railway journey, if you're in to that sort of thing. It seems to defy the laws of physics at times. What you do when you get to Greystones I don't know.
Cliff walk back to Bray and the Dart back to Dun Laoghaire or head into town.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back