This Country's Fucking Obsession with Horse Racing (2 Viewers)

Boycott Colm Meaney the stupid cunt
Republicans who love horse racing are a very strange bunch.

the welfare of horses aside, I can't see any excitement in watching it.
I've watched a few docs about jockeys and their lives are very extreme. imagine people with Roy Keane's obsession with winning with the lifestyle of a boxer trying to make weight for years on end.

Republicans who love horse racing are a very strange bunch.

the welfare of horses aside, I can't see any excitement in watching it.
I've watched a few docs about jockeys and their lives are very extreme. imagine people with Roy Keane's obsession with winning with the lifestyle of a boxer trying to make weight for years on end.
I know you follow the concussion/long-term neurodegeneration story in football but if I remember correctly, jockeys have the highest rate of concussions of any sport. And they’re all fucking mad.

I know you follow the concussion/long-term neurodegeneration story in football but if I remember correctly, jockeys have the highest rate of concussions of any sport. And they’re all fucking mad.
jockeys fall off often. my guess is they have a fall in about 1 in 20 races from talking to people who watch it regularly.

I watched a documentary on Tony McCoy covering a season at the end of his career. He made Roy Keane look very laid back, he set himself insane goals, like trying to win 300 races in a year (his own record was about 250-60) he got some brief buzz when he won but it was gone very quickly. Turning down riding a horse that ended up winning was a constant fear. Tony had suffered horrific injuries, breaking bones many times.
He inevitably will have big health problems in future that will shorten his life.
I don't like horse racing whatsoever but it's sad to see this happen to anyone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back