Things I should have known before now... (1 Viewer)

This song is one of the most ubiquitious and enduring of its era but I could not until now have told you the name of the act or the song.

Boy Meets Girl - Waiting for a Star to Fall​

The anchor isn't really what keeps the boat in place. The anchor just sort of lands on the seabed and sits there, the boat isn't pulling off it. Or if it is pulling off it, you're in trouble.
The chain is what does the real work, that's the weight and the thing that stops the boat from moving around, the only time the anchor should get pulled on is when you're pulling it up to move off.

The anchor isn't really what keeps the boat in place. The anchor just sort of lands on the seabed and sits there, the boat isn't pulling off it. Or if it is pulling off it, you're in trouble.
The chain is what does the real work, that's the weight and the thing that stops the boat from moving around, the only time the anchor should get pulled on is when you're pulling it up to move off.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

ah. i remember thinking as a kid 'if the anchor grabs the seabed to stop the boat moving, how do they pull it up?'

This song is one of the most ubiquitious and enduring of its era but I could not until now have told you the name of the act or the song.

Boy Meets Girl - Waiting for a Star to Fall​

Completely wretched song that I detested since it came out.
The couple in BMG had previously made their name as songwriters for Whitney Houston.

there's a conspiracy theory that 'wind of change' was not written by the scorpions, but by the CIA. someone even made a podcast series about it. i've not listened to it to find out if there's anything credible about the claim.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back