Air Fryer (1 Viewer)

it's an enclosed basket under a heating element and a fan

ours (a tefal one = the handle snapped off a couple of years ago but we still use it) does those chunky oven chips real nice in about 15-20 minutes, denny veggie sausages in 10 minutes, aldi oven rolls in 4-5 minutes, but the only thing is you have to be careful not to overload it as it depends on the hot air being able to freely circulate.

Would recommend.

it's an enclosed basket under a heating element and a fan

ours (a tefal one = the handle snapped off a couple of years ago but we still use it) does those chunky oven chips real nice in about 15-20 minutes, denny veggie sausages in 10 minutes, aldi oven rolls in 4-5 minutes, but the only thing is you have to be careful not to overload it as it depends on the hot air being able to freely circulate.

Would recommend.

Removing them, Letting them cool and then throwing them in again for another 2 mins at the end makes for crispy chips

Never tried one but i'd a quick look on adverts there and plenty going for experiment money.

One i looked at was 1400w

one ring on my hob is 1700w.

The oven here is 2000w - wasn't in the manual and ended up finding it out via the replacement part for the fan oven. It's essentially every oven on the market - there were about 150 compatibles for the part.

Entry level air fryer (oven) is 4L and 1400w
Generic oven is 65L and 2000w

Gonna pick one up second hand soonish entirely for the energy saving.

I'm also going to refer to it as a small oven when i get it

MEANWHILE

I was curious about the eytmology of 'fryer' to see if the word covers ovens (it kinda does)

More interesting lying

To fry

and

to refrigerate (frigo)

are all from the same word.

My fridge is also now an air fryer.

My ma loves the old Ninja. You be at her house with no hint of cooking going on at all. The presented with a plate of roast chicken and spuds etc. "where the fuck did this come from?"

So, good Dif you hate cooking smells.

I actually fucking hate cooking smells, every time I walk into my house after work I can smell stupid shit from the kitchen straight away because the housemates didn't open the fucking windows there when they were cooking

Cooking smells are what makes a house smell like a home. Our house smells yum

I don't think headline power rating on a fan oven versus airfryer tells you anything about efficiency. That's only how much power you'll use if you're running the thing at full belt continuously - all else being equal a higher power just means the air inside the cooking area heats up quicker. Heat transfer to the cooking area from the element, heat loss from and volume of air within the cooking area are the things that would matter to efficiency I would have thought

It is only since January that I have started cooking potatoes and frozen vegetables in the microwave. And let me tell you, I feel like an absolute genius life hacker. I reckon the Air Fryer is just what I need to bam it up a notch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back