What movie did you watch last night? (7 Viewers)

Two climbing documentaries - free solo and the dawn wall. Both great. Mental stuff

The tinder swindler. Big wtf!

Watched the swindler thing too. I wonder how much money he atually kept or was he spending everything that came in on keeping the scams going.

5 months in jail and then driving sports cars around again right away doesn't seem like much of a comeuppance.

So fucking good, especially the rehearsal scenes. The band is incredible. Then he gets the stupid outfits and the audience full of tossers and puts on a show and it's still great but I'd love to just see them doing full run throughs of the songs in the rehearsal stage.

Quirky Georgian villagers with a mean streak

Wonder Woman 1984: One of the worst films I've ever sat through the entirety of.

Space Jam: A New Legacy: Remarkably likable for a movie length ad for itself, broadband internet and a subscription to whatever platform Warner currently favours. Far more enjoyable than Ready: Player One. It also made me realise that a Clippy biopic might be possible.

the edukators

meh

I was surprised to read online afterwards how many awards and things the movie got. it’s not a good movie. it’s mediocre.

one point on it, though — and I don’t think it really counts as a spoiler. the movie has a moment of emotional resolution accompanied by... yes indeed, jeff buckley singing hallelujah. that was the moment when the whole thing went from mediocre-ok to mediocre-bad.

but I watched it with a couple of friends and we were talking afterwards about when, exactly, that song became cheesy. part of the problem is that the song *is* actually amazing, it’s just been killed through over-use, and terrible covers, and a sort of emotional genericisation.

it was first released in 1994... was is still a “usable” song in 2004, when this movie came out? or: when did the song tip over into unrescuable cringe? what year did hallelujah die?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back