Fairweather Sports Tourist Thread (1 Viewer)

I've been taking an interest in Erling Haaland the young soccer player recently for two reasons

1. As said on youtube comments 'he looks like when you make a player on fifa and put the strenght/speed and agility all up to 100'

2. his name sounds like mine pronounced awfully

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

jesus christ. Definite unfair buzz coming off that lad. At around the 7.20 mark when your man hoofs the ball up the pitch in the general direction of Haaland, and Haaland gives his leg a bit of a half hearted wave in the air, the ball adheres to his foot, improbably drops immaculately, allowing him to hockey it straight into the goal was the point I did the full out loud "ah for fuck sake", and gave the computer a dirty look.

There was a goal from George Best where he just kind of ran towards a box full of defenders, and fear gripped of all of them to the extend they thought "Oh bollix" and fell over, and Best continued to breeze nonchalantly on about his business. Haaland's looks like he's going to start scaring people if this sort of shit carries on.

Serious carry on in the NFL there. All the last six games of the play offs went down to the last minute... don't remember that ever happening before. The sort of dying seconds finishes NFL at its best offers.

Glad Bengals beat Kansas City Chiefs... Mahomes just looking a little too smug for my liking before half time when he thought the game was in the bag.

Serious underdog on underdog craic now for the Superbowl.

Serious carry on in the NFL there. All the last six games of the play offs went down to the last minute... don't remember that ever happening before. The sort of dying seconds finishes NFL at its best offers.

Glad Bengals beat Kansas City Chiefs... Mahomes just looking a little too smug for my liking before half time when he thought the game was in the bag.

Serious underdog on underdog craic now for the Superbowl.

As an Arsenal fan I'll be rooting for the team not owned by my club's owner.

Let's go Bengals! First time seeing their new QB last night, he's a step up from Andy Dalton.

As an Arsenal fan I'll be rooting for the team not owned by my club's owner.

Let's go Bengals! First time seeing their new QB last night, he's a step up from Andy Dalton.
Yeah, ice cold Joe Burrow up against the Warren Oatesian Matthew Stafford a man haunted by disappointment and defeat.

Best option is Rams go two scores up in the first, and Burrow the killer comes back in the second.

Hoping for another nail biting finish to top an excellent play off season.

Superbowl starts in ten minutes!

Some craic.

Bengals get a TD first time out in the second half, and get an interception.

My God. Odell Beckham is goosed and Bengals are a second half team.

One score game. No Einstein to say this is Bengals to lose.

Great that it is so close.

from the Super Bowl to a super goal by Harry Ruddle to win the 2022 All Ireland Club Championship in the final seconds. Ballygunner 2-17 Ballyhale 1-19

the Simpsons were wrong unfortunately. no VL trophy in Dhaka this time.
No Vince Lombardi trophy in Dhaka (where they speak Bengali)
If Cincininati won I was going to say - ''they'll be dancing in the streets of Dhaka''.
I wasn't clever enough to figure out how to get a WKRP in Cincinnati joke in.

in other news:
Djokovic is still point blank refusing to get vaccinated. any top tennis player will be well familiar with syringes and will put whatever is required to be competitive into their body.
I'd have straight out asked him which injections he would and wouldn't receive and where he drew the line.

Champions League getting rid of away goals rule is silly. there was no demand for it.
if this works out let's bring back the toss of a coin instead of penalties.
I watched footage of that happening at the end of a tie in the 60's. the supporters were pretty zen about it surprisingly.

I'm not exactly against getting rid of away goals, as it gives more incentive for home teams to attack, and I'm all good with penalty shootouts. It's just you'd miss the English clubs getting bate by an away goal is all

I'm not exactly against getting rid of away goals, as it gives more incentive for home teams to attack, and I'm all good with penalty shootouts. It's just you'd miss the English clubs getting bate by an away goal is all

Didier Drogba afterwards: "Fucking nice goal Javier but our defending was a FUCKING DISGRACE! FUCKING DISGRACE'!'
now there will be more extra time and penalties in Europe alright.

from 2001-02 Feyenoord had an epic run to UEFA Cup victory at home in De Kuip v Dortmund.
I should probably post these clips on the anniversary dates but...

Feyenoord 4-3 Rangers on agg. in the last 16. (3-2 victory in first leg at De Kuip).

in the semi they beat Inter but they had been on the ropes at home in the battle of Holland QF v PSV 2nd leg when in 'the dying seconds' of normal time....

also PSV's Marc Van Bommel the future son in law of Feyenoord boss Bert Marwijk got sent off in extra time.
I forgot this match until two years ago. afterwards Feyenoord went into freefall for years as did Dortmund until Klopp resurrected them.

have a clip up my sleeve I'll post Wednesday week from 1992.

Didier Drogba afterwards: "Fucking nice goal Javier but our defending was a FUCKING DISGRACE! FUCKING DISGRACE'!'
now there will be more extra time and penalties in Europe alright.

from 2001-02 Feyenoord had an epic run to UEFA Cup victory at home in De Kuip v Dortmund.
I should probably post these clips on the anniversary dates but...

Feyenoord 4-3 Rangers on agg. in the last 16. (3-2 victory in first leg at De Kuip).

in the semi they beat Inter but they had been on the ropes at home in the battle of Holland QF v PSV 2nd leg when in 'the dying seconds' of normal time....

also PSV's Marc Van Bommel the future son in law of Feyenoord boss Bert Marwijk got sent off in extra time.
I forgot this match until two years ago. afterwards Feyenoord went into freefall for years as did Dortmund until Klopp resurrected them.

have a clip up my sleeve I'll post Wednesday week from 1992.

It's like a highlights clip from easily one of my favourite players of all time

I love Pierre. didn't know that choon.
Shinji Ono was a very good young player for Feyenoord in 2002 but his career was ruined by injuries afterwards. Also Brett Emerton missed the 2002 Final.

like Argentina in 2010, Holland had a lot of the world's best strikers back in PVH's era so it was hard to even get in a Dutch squad 2020 25 years ago. like Larsson you couldn't imagine a world class striker playing nearly his entire career outside the big 5 Leagues now.

I never actually saw Van Hooijdonk Jr play until now:

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back