I saw a thing in the garden (1 Viewer)

I have a video of a fox taking a shite on the roof of my shed

Oh yeah, some predators like to do that, I've seen that a few times. Not the taking the dump, but poos out in strange spots.

I saw a mountain lion up in the Blue Ridge in VA, on the way up there I noticed dumps balanced perched on top of piles of rocks and stuck out in spots that you can't really miss for example.

I guessed it was to do with warning other animals, maybe even the same species, that this is your territory? But yeah, i think it's a known thing?

i must get the finger out and order some of the mushroom spore solution from that lad down kerry direction, for growing edible mushrooms. i've an alder tree i want to coppice, that's about 30 foot tall and i'm told alder is not great for woodworking so it should be a good use to put it to.
it's been great for fungus in general recently, we live near albert college park beside DCU and there have been some good shows there recently, two of which certainly look like edible mushrooms but i ain't taking any chances.

Saw a Razorbill and a guillemot there the other day in front of the house.

I don't think I've ever seen a razorbill before. Initially I thought there were a few of them, because he was MOTORING. Like, he'd pop under the water in one spot, and surface improbably far away. Took me a while to realise it was the one lad shooting all over the place.

Also, another otter, right in front of the house. The otter populations have to be healthier than 30 odd years ago? Or am I just seeing them more frequently now?

i must get the finger out and order some of the mushroom spore solution from that lad down kerry direction, for growing edible mushrooms. i've an alder tree i want to coppice, that's about 30 foot tall and i'm told alder is not great for woodworking so it should be a good use to put it to.
god, this looks easy.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I spotted a dead buzzard at the side of the road while out of the bike this morning and picked it up later when out in the car. Just in case it was poisoned or died of avian flu, in case the NPWS want to examine it. But I reckon it was more likely clipped by a car.

Oh the other night I heard all this noise from out in the street, kind of screeching sounds, I thought maybe it was from the railroad tracks at the end of the street cause they'd been doing some night works on those the last few weeks, but it was quite loud so I went out to have a look, and just down the street there were these three foxes that were either fucking or fighting. Or, I suspect, both. They ran off when I went towards them anyway.

I spotted a dead buzzard at the side of the road while out of the bike this morning and picked it up later when out in the car. Just in case it was poisoned or died of avian flu, in case the NPWS want to examine it. But I reckon it was more likely clipped by a car.
Allegedly these birds come down to pick over road-kill on the edge of the road, and then they also get clipped by passing traffic.
Parts of the US are absolutely manky with deer. Deer in your garden, walking around everywhere, massive numbers and they'd often be horrifically diseased. Additionally they would be at sheep level intellect, and would often sit on the edge of roads and leap out in front of you as you're passing. They did this to me on bikes and cars and I was only able to avoid them because I knew they were about to leap.
So you'd find dead deer everywhere, and various things down feeding on them get clobbered. It's grim.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back