Spotify...its grand and all (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter GO
  • Start date
  • Replies 442
  • Views 30K
  • Watchers 12
Honestly, I subscribe to Spotify, it's great, no ads, good music app.

The idea that any of these streaming businesses were going to bring equality or a living wage to musicians or wanna-be musicians. lol. I wonder did I fall for that at one point?

the selling point IMO has always been "the interface and accessibility is worth a few quid a month so that you're saved from the effort of stealing it"

This has to be the most succinct and accurate summary of Joe Rogan that I've come across

wfw9r3oa7i171.jpg

Why did you hate Spotify from day 1? Surely it's better than YouTube?
I was fairly late to the Smartphone game and I was used to YouTube (and the other ways of getting music) on my laptop, didn't like that I needed to log in to Spotify, and how little they paid and how little transparency they had (maybe continue to have?) with smaller artists. But I'm sure the latter is as true for YouTube too, so I suppose I've no idea now really.

I've managed to see/hear precisely one Joe Rogan podcast, in about 2016, my old housemate played me an interview he did with the then unknown to me Jordan Petersen.

unless something has gone over my head, comparing Joe Rogan to a ''barbarian Khan from the steppes" is also racist and shows a lack of self awareness.

Rogan is a obviously a fool.
I don't need Spotify - if I want to listen to new music I am happy to do my own research.

unless something has gone over my head, comparing Joe Rogan to a ''barbarian Khan from the steppes" is also racist and shows a lack of self awareness.
It's a dumb 4chan post, may as well say Adam Ant was lacking sufficient awareness of the subtleties of a culturally and geographically specific native American tribe when he dressed up as a cartoon pirate native american warrior. You're not wrong but you're going out of your way to look at a something that's insanely broad and demanding the academic rigor of an Anthropology PHD.

It's a box of Lucky Charms, I can find it offensive if I really want to, but I actually value my friendships more than being the killjoy guy ruining everything at the party over some cereal.

Adam Ant definitely got flak at the time of his white stripe over his nose.

(Not really anything to do with anything in this thread)

Yeah I know, and for writing about sex, scolds are gonna scold. Everyone loves a scold, right?

A week into my Tidal subscription and I think its great. There's literally nothing about Shitify that I miss. And Tidal being a new app to me has me listening to more music than usual due to the novelty factor of it being a new app to me and all. Fully recommended.
WHERE WERE YOU when I was on Tidal in 2015?

Trying to decide if i'd rather support a Daniel Ek company or a Jack Dorsey company and getting depressed here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back