Minor Pleasures (6 Viewers)

If you've a chance can you talk me through this? Are you oiling the pan at all, are you mildly heating it or going straight in high temp... etc etc..
Excellently timed question, I successfully had breakfast pizza this morning! After a failed attempt earlier in the week when I accidentally ate all the pizza the night before.

Dry pan, low/medium heat, lid on for 2 minutes. It keeps the base from getting soggy (unlike trying the microwave, say), melts the cheese beautifully (unlike the extra browning you'd get under a grill) and warms the tomato sauce without any drying out (like a warm oven might dry it out) because of the lid keeping the moisture in. *Chef's kiss.*

Excellently timed question, I successfully had breakfast pizza this morning! After a failed attempt earlier in the week when I accidentally ate all the pizza the night before.

Dry pan, low/medium heat, lid on for 2 minutes. It keeps the base from getting soggy (unlike trying the microwave, say), melts the cheese beautifully (unlike the extra browning you'd get under a grill) and warms the tomato sauce without any drying out (like a warm oven might dry it out) because of the lid keeping the moisture in. *Chef's kiss.*
I normally just bang it in the microwave for 50-60 seconds on 750w and it's grand - I mean it's pizza so it's not like i'm not going to eat it - but i'm totally trying that next time

I’ve never had any trouble with reheating in an oven at 200 degrees for 5 minutes or so. I’ve done the pan trick too and it’s not made much a difference. I only reheat Dominos/Apache style pizzas though, those wood fired ones get eaten all in one go.

we have one of those dual microwave/convection over jobbies and it does a grand job of reheating on convection mode. and like Cornu Ammonis said, it's mainly just dominos.

Minor pleasure - overhearing Mrs. egg_ on the phone complaining that the bare-root trees she's ordered are not quercus robur but quercus rubra. "You're talking to a botanist here, and quercus rubra is not Irish oak". Haha oh dear, they've bitten off more than they can chew if they're disagreeing

Alternatively, leave the E/A/D where they are and use your pinky on the G string 7th fret to make the B note. It's almost the same.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back