Things I should have known before now... (2 Viewers)

I didn't realise Christy Hennessy had recorded an album in 1973. I'd assumed he was a late in life discovery when he had those hits in the 90s. 190296767302-cover-zoom.jpg

I haven't actually seen her/him/them since they announced that.

I don't think I've ever met anyone mid-transition. I do have to admit the linguistics are difficult for me. The fact that it's a famous type person makes it more difficult. Kae is great and lovely. I've embarrassed myself every time I met Kate.

I've been suddenly hearing a lot about Kae... they're really impressive. I think I heard them first over the summer and was into their stuff right away, keeps coming up all over the shop now.

Sacrilege egg_

Working class hero/Voice of a generation/all that stuff.

But hey I like Bruce and Tom Waits and Damo, so maybe I'm the asshole.

I don't think I've ever met anyone mid-transition. I do have to admit the linguistics are difficult for me.
There's a friend of one of my kids who's identifying as a girl to her inner circle but a boy to everyone else. I dunno what to call the kid, who hasn't explicitly "come out" to me and whose parents are pretty freaked out about the whole thing, so I just avoid talking to him/her

Hey I love Tom Waits too, and Damo when I manage to ignore nonsense like "Colony"
I have an associate who actually covers Colony when she is able to pull her shit together enough to get on stage. In a mad Avant Garde kind of way. She genuinely loves it though, I feel conflicted about having introduced her to the song.
Brian Eno loves it too.

Maybe there's something we're missing, but English folks of a certain kind really like that song. I dunno what to make of it.

Kae Tempest though, have another listen please.

There's a friend of one of my kids who's identifying as a girl to her inner circle but a boy to everyone else. I dunno what to call the kid, who hasn't explicitly "come out" to me and whose parents are pretty freaked out about the whole thing, so I just avoid talking to him/her

Say something like "I'm Cormac and my pronouns are he/him" to them and see if they say anything worthwhile in response?

I didn't realise Christy Hennessy had recorded an album in 1973. I'd assumed he was a late in life discovery when he had those hits in the 90s.View attachment 15381
It was the style at the time

All_Things_Must_Pass_1970_cover.jpg

Ask them?

I have suddenly realised I recognised this guy from somewhere and then it dawned on me.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I never paid any attention to Tommy Tiernan until the mid 2010's, so I couldn't imagine him without a grey beard. jesus, he looks different.
I am proudly ignorant of people who are only famous in Ireland.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back