You know you're getting old.... (3 Viewers)

A lot of modern action films use shit chopchopchopchopfastcutfastcut editing for action scenes along with shaky cam that's fuckin horrible to watch. It's one of the reasons a lot of Marvel films are total shit.
Some films still get action right though, but they're in the minority these days.

A lot of modern action films use shit chopchopchopchopfastcutfastcut editing for action scenes along with shaky cam that's fuckin horrible to watch. It's one of the reasons a lot of Marvel films are total shit.
Some films still get action right though, but they're in the minority these days.
That hyper kinetic editing style ruined action films

They do that because the youths are conditioned to gaming speed violence and if it doesn't hit that range then it looks to the kids like batman original series look to us. The change in movies is in response to the change in games tech. Shite if you are old like me and *DONT CARE* about gaming.

No action movie can exist without tech menu screen cutaways now either.

They do that because the youths are conditioned to gaming speed violence and if it doesn't hit that range then it looks to the kids like batman original series look to us. The change in movies is in response to the change in games tech. Shite if you are old like me and *DONT CARE* about gaming.

No action movie can exist without tech menu screen cutaways now either.
I don't think that's it, the chops in films are even faster than most gaming violence. I think it's more that a lot of the films its used for are also reliant on CGI to a large extent, so the fast cuts mean there's not enough time to notice CGI that looks shit. It also means you don't notice bad reactions from bad action actors as much either.

I don't think that's it, the chops in films are even faster than most gaming violence. I think it's more that a lot of the films its used for are also reliant on CGI to a large extent, so the fast cuts mean there's not enough time to notice CGI that looks shit. It also means you don't notice bad reactions from bad action actors as much either.

The C in CGI being the operative word there :p

When your first 4 presets on the car radio are Newstalk, RTE 1, Nova & Lyric.
was thinking earlier (with nova on in the car) that a good drinking game would be that you sit down with a bunch of folk and stick nova on, and all have to guess what the next song is. if you get it right, everyone else has to skull a pint.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Put on BBC Radio Four in the morning, and have a shot every time someone says "Incredibly".

You'll sleep all afternoon.

was thinking earlier (with nova on in the car) that a good drinking game would be that you sit down with a bunch of folk and stick nova on, and all have to guess what the next song is. if you get it right, everyone else has to skull a pint.
I get awful abuse from the kid for having Nova on in the car. "GRANDAD LISTENS TO THAT" etc

Sitting here with my feet in my electrified slipper, necking ibuprofens fro my back pain

When you just shrug at all the drug dealers coming up to you on the street in Lisbon

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back