Storm Barra (1 Viewer)

Cautiously optimistic we're through the worst of it here, windy.com seems to think so. Whatever angle we were getting there around 10AM was bypassing our protective hills and the glass in windows was starting to bend.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I mean this tweet is there for the rage and I'm not going in

BUT

Surfers spend their whole day of not being on a surfboard watching offshore weather conditions and go surfing when they are optimum for their abilities, we aren't really talking about new sea swimmers here.

Cautiously optimistic we're through the worst of it here, windy.com seems to think so. Whatever angle we were getting there around 10AM was bypassing our protective hills and the glass in windows was starting to bend.

Bending glass is fine, the 5-6pm has a slightly different wind orientation so you should be grand. Kinda favours fucking up the west west from here on i think

Bending glass is not fine!

Goddammit.

You might enjoy bragging about your rugged hillman lifestyle but some of us still remember civilisation.

Bending glass is not fine!

Goddammit.

You might enjoy bragging about your rugged hillman lifestyle but some of us still remember civilisation.

I remember me and my siblings in our single digit years watching the big glass pane on the sittingroom here bend and playing with the reflections for hours one christmas.

my dad was not quite line of sight to one of the 1974 bombs in dublin - i remember him talking about how the big plate glass window of the shop he was standing outside vibrated madly. it stayed intact though.

my dad was not quite line of sight to one of the 1974 bombs in dublin - i remember him talking about how the big plate glass window of the shop he was standing outside vibrated madly. it stayed intact though.
I remember on a few occasions,police driving round in a car with a megaphone telling people to open windows so the blast from controlled explosions would not break windows

I slept through the whole thing. Wasn't even locked either.

I had a bit of a stroll down outside, this was the scene by me this morning.

Attachments

• IMG_1233.jpg
    IMG_1233.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 12
There's a few hours left of it if you wanna go back to bed
The cops rolled in this morning, I was up out of bed with a cup of coffee in one hand, taping up the more massive gaps in the windows and next thing there was a shikalawni standing in the courtyard peering in the kitchen window at me.

He'd just been stationed here "and didn't know all us locals yet" but he'd been sent to check on the old woman that lives by me and got lost. But I thought that was excellent, local Guards checking on the elderly, plus he called me a local.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back