Climate change global warming natural disaster freak weather etc. (3 Viewers)

All this talk of mastering, recording and what the musicians ate would lead ya to believe endless reissues are the way forward. New music is just inherently bad for the environment.

....But like say make the record in a bedroom in teh dark, master it in the box and distribute digital only but all you are singing about is iphones and cars and shit...

....But like say make the record in a bedroom in teh dark, master it in the box and distribute digital only but all you are singing about is iphones and cars and shit...
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

not necessarily climate change, more just about freak weather - tuesday/wednesday look like they could be interesting.
from met.ie:

Weather Advisory for Ireland​

A spell of wet and very windy weather is expected to impact Ireland on Tuesday 7th and Wednesday the 8th December, with potential impacts including travel disruption and coastal flooding. There is also the potential for wintry precipitation on Tuesday night and Wednesday which may lead to further travel disruption.

Met Éireann continue to monitor the situation and a further update to this advisory will be provided on Sunday 5th December.

also:

Great..I have a massive pile of leaves and bush and havent disposed of yet. I hope it dosent end up everywhere

I'd like to see an example of what these look like in real life;

"... large numbers of photovoltaic solar panels will be mounted on steel frames in rows, standing eight feet high in three separate fields on the extensive local site "

This shit would drive you mad. There was a planning application for a solar farm around here a while ago and all the neighbours were objecting.

A family up the road sold a field behind their house to a wind energy company, and they put up a huge wind turbine. Apparently the noise and flicker caused by the turbines blades passing the sun were so annoying they moved out, and the house is now unoccupied.

Is it something to do with this? Wrecking bogs for it? I don't know the details but sounds plausible

1/2 km by 1/2km is about that area, 8ft high is to close to a normal ceiling. it'd be sorta like a little housing estate with bungalows only in it.
With a low treeline for aesthetics, and without other unforeseen adverse effects it seems like it's not the most intrusive way of generating power. Maybe it makes a shrill and blood-chilling screaming sound all day long or something.

With a low treeline for aesthetics, and without other unforeseen adverse effects it seems like it's not the most intrusive way of generating power. Maybe it makes a shrill and blood-chilling screaming sound all day long or something.

It has a side effect of sounding exactly like dance music through a wall at 3am with party vioces over it, i've heard.

this is a great idea.

Thats really cool - i have all of those tools but the leak detection yoke. I never thought of doing a fridge setup but did use the hygrometer to and thermometers to fine tune the place the past while.

i suspect 'my' biggest electricity use is my lathe. in theory it has a 750W motor but wouldn't pull that power all the time.

'my' as in the item i use exclusively rather than shared appliances like shower/cooker etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back