What movie did you watch last night? (14 Viewers)

Saturn 3 (1980)
I thought I had seen this before, but I was mixing it up with a Roger Corman film (battle beyond the stars). Harvey Keitel & his robot arrive on a small space station run by textbook blonde bombshell Farrah Fawcett & Kirk Douglas (old enough to be her father) Keitel acts the prick. The robot malfunctions & turns on them. The set design & robot look good, but it's a tedious film.

Saturn 3 (1980)
I thought I had seen this before, but I was mixing it up with a Roger Corman film (battle beyond the stars). Harvey Keitel & his robot arrive on a small space station run by textbook blonde bombshell Farrah Fawcett & Kirk Douglas (old enough to be her father) Keitel acts the prick. The robot malfunctions & turns on them. The set design & robot look good, but it's a tedious film.
I remember this scaring the fuck out of me as a kid.

My wife is on a Rom Com binge at the moment and is burning through some awful stuff that I see bits of.

- The Sweetest Thing. I was called in to watch the worst bit. Where the three main actors sings a song about some guy's penis being too big. Genuinely embarrassed for the women acting in this, Cameron Diaz, Christina Applegate and Selma Blair. Selma Blair though...

- How To Stay Be Single. Terrible shite altogether. Gorgeous cast though.

- Love Actually. I missed out on this completely, she loved it and says we're watching it over Christmas.

My wife is on a Rom Com binge at the moment and is burning through some awful stuff that I see bits of.

- The Sweetest Thing. I was called in to watch the worst bit. Where the three main actors sings a song about some guy's penis being too big. Genuinely embarrassed for the women acting in this, Cameron Diaz, Christina Applegate and Selma Blair. Selma Blair though...

- How To Stay Be Single. Terrible shite altogether. Gorgeous cast though.

- Love Actually. I missed out on this completely, she loved it and says we're watching it over Christmas.
We watched Last Christmas at the weekend. It has the same shtick about it as Love Actually, but was infinitely more enjoyable. Still shite though .

Old.
Interesting concept.looked nice. Bad script, bad acting. Ultimately disappointing but not as bad as I'd heard. Like a poorly executed Twilight Zone, again.

Last Night in Soho.
I had no idea what to expect so was pleasantly surprised once it got going. Looked great, fantastic music cool camera trickery and a genuinely good old fashioned ghost story. The twists were too predictable though and the whole last scene, three minutes or so could have been cut.

Silent night,deadly night. A troubled young man goes on a deadly rampage, dressed as Santa. Solid, 80's slasher fare.
Silent night, I guess a re-imagining of the above film. Some scenes/kills are lifted, but the origin story's somewhat different. More good gore -y kills.

The Asphyx (1972)

A Victorian scientist who has a fascination with photography & the paranormal discovers a strange abnormality when photographing those close to death. The asphyx. A spirit that takes the soul into the afterlife. If he can trap the asphyx can he achieve immorality?
Had seen it before. It's good. More of a supernatural period drama than a horror. Looks classy, well made with proper actors who play it straight. The remastered dvd looks great.

Thirst. (Australian film) Ozploitation film about a vampire cult who find the decent of Elizabeth Bathory. and want to turn her (she's not aware of her heritage) So as to develop a vampire master race. Good psychology horror.

Kong Skull Island. Better than I expected. The kid enjoyed it anyway.

Dune. I’ll be watching that again.
Kong Skull Island was class in the cinema

Promising Young Woman ..highly flawed teenage revenge thriller. Great score. And worth a watch on A Sunday evening

2001 A Space Odyssey ..watched this with my daughter..her favourite bit was Daves trip through the beyond ..takes after her Dad. Had the stereo hooked up and everything...sounded huge.

Anyway..Its amazing. End of story.

Clockwork Orange next week with her. Thats gonna blow her fucking mind altogether. I can't wait.

The Asphyx (1972)

A Victorian scientist who has a fascination with photography & the paranormal discovers a strange abnormality when photographing those close to death. The asphyx. A spirit that takes the soul into the afterlife. If he can trap the asphyx can he achieve immorality?
Had seen it before. It's good. More of a supernatural period drama than a horror. Looks classy, well made with proper actors who play it straight. The remastered dvd looks great.
This sounds amazing!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back