You know you're getting old.... (2 Viewers)

dunno if this belongs in a thread related to age, but i found out today that a relative has died and it's the first time i've been in a situation where i should in theory feel sad. but my reaction is more akin to 'thank christ for that'. tempered with being sorry for the person's actual next of kin. while also being kinda relieved for them.

dunno if this belongs in a thread related to age, but i found out today that a relative has died and it's the first time i've been in a situation where i should in theory feel sad. but my reaction is more akin to 'thank christ for that'. tempered with being sorry for the person's actual next of kin. while also being kinda relieved for them.

I felt like that long ago, depending on the individual situation of course. A thing I've found living here is that Irish people are pretty good at dealing with death and funerals and stuff.
Anyway, I think if you think that means you're getting old, it just means you're good at dealing with the facts of living.

or as my relatives would say: "Arra shur, this is it".

i might have been a bit too vague there, but i don't really mean i'm relieved this person has died as much as i'm glad they have.

i've a reasonably small family by irish standards - so in that sense i've probably not experienced family deaths nearly as much as most.

I get the feeling that you are feeling all the right feelings. Commiserations of course. I understand that it's a weird feeling, whatever those feelings might be. I thought you explained yourself well first time round.

They've broken up in spectacular acrimony, which is the most attention I've paid them since their formation (I think they were an x factor product).
I'm aware of the black one that isn't black. I'm sure they were very good at what they did.

I thought they were called Little Minx. Turns out I’m full dad now, mispronouncing things that young people like. I thought I was getting away with an ironic Gary Potter to annoy my kids but nope…

Since i have never heard anything from them i always assumed that they were worthless and shit. See you in the Beatles thread dickheads.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back